Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

Channels greyed out when changing authentication from Teams only to Manual

Posted on by 71

Hi, I want to open up other channels, so have set up Manual authentication - assuming this would allow the other channels to be used.

But.. they're all still greyed out, and I was wondering in anyone may have any ideas as to why?

Could it have anything to do with this bot starting life as a PVA for Teams bot, and being upgraded?

Cheers

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    jdee111 Profile Picture
    jdee111 71 on at
    Re: Channels greyed out when changing authentication from Teams only to Manual

Thanks @mboninco - I had changed the security to Manual from Teams only, but I hadn't changed that other setting... will give it go, thank you!

• Verified answer
    mboninco Profile Picture
    mboninco on at

Having originally created the bot under PVA for Teams should not cause the channels to be disabled.
    There is one other setting that can cause the channels to be disabled.

Verify that:

• Authentication is not set to "Only for Teams"
    • "Require secured access" under Web channel security is disabled (or the channels have been configured to use a secret or token)

If the above two settings do not enable the channels, try publishing the bot.

If the settings changes and publishing did not enable the channels, we will need some additional information to allow the dev team to further investigate the issue.

• jdee111 Profile Picture
    jdee111 71 on at

Hi, I am using full PVA. 

Originally it was PVA for teams, but the bot and environment were upgraded.

Now, when switching the authentication from Teams only to Manual, everything remains greyed out - and I'm wondering if this could maybe have something to do with the environment originally being one for PVA for Teams.

• mboninco Profile Picture
    mboninco on at

In PVA for Teams, the channels other than Teams are disabled. If you are accessing the PVA app from within Teams, you need to switch to the full web version Power Virtual Agents.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard