Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

PVA - Power automate action is throwing error code 2003

Posted on by

Hi Guys,

Good day!

I have created a PVA bot that uses a Power Automate action which accepts an input from the user and searches it in an excel file stored in SP and retrieves another value based on the search criteria and certain conditions. All is working fine except when the BOT is published, if the user copy-paste the input, it throws an error. If the user types in the value, it works fine, but if the user pastes the value, it won't run. I understand it's related to the format type of the input, but I am not able to find a fix for this. I did try adding a compose action and convert the value to string but, that didn't help either. Any suggestion or fix will be much appreciated.

• Re: PVA - Power automate action is throwing error code 2003

Wow. Thank you so much. That worked. I used HTML to text conversion action and it converted the value properly to text. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PVA-chatbots-in/BUG-Sending-copy-pasted-text-to-PVA-chatbot-in-Teams-causes/m-p/814228#M234

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at
    Re: PVA - Power automate action is throwing error code 2003

@Anonymous ,

You need to have a question that is expecting a free response of the user (text) within your PVA and an input within your flow that is a string.

If you changed the type of your input within the flow, you need to remove your action connected to the flow and add it again.

The bug must be solved using the same logic here: BUG! Sending copy/pasted text to PVA chatbot in Te... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If it was not solved, I recommend you to raise a ticket within the PVA support page, Microsoft will help you: http://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-us/support 

I am expecting a string (alphanumeric value). The values in the excel file are also in text format. I did try using the compose action to change the input to string. But that didn't solve the issue. Is there another way of doing it? I am quite new to this.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

@Anonymous ,

YEs, I got it.

So, which input type are you expecting in your flow?

If it is a Number, Boolean, or something like that, change to string. Because maybe when you are pasting, is not passing the number but string with characters.

Thanks for that information. I did find my flow, but the situation is still the same. It won't show me the past run details. I cant get past the loading screen. 😕

renatoromao 6,762 on at

@Anonymous ,

You can see that blog post, find your flow, try the see the history again: Where Are My Flows When Building Power Virtual Age... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

If it is only loading the page, try to go back and try again.

That's another issue I am facing now. I am not able to see the past runs in flow. If I try to open a past run, it just shows a loading screen. I am using this inside the Teams app. But, I did check this inside the test bot and it's working flawlessly. Only in published I am facing this issue.

renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

When the user is using the CTRL C and CTRL V, maybe it is pasting some different characters.

So I recommend you to test using the published bot and track the pasted value within the flow, you can see the history. Within your flow, you can understand what is the special characters.

In that case, you can manipulate within your flow, removing things. (e.g HTML to plain text)

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard