Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

Yes/No input parameter is not available in dynamic content

Posted on by 17

As the title states:

I have a Yes/No input parameter inside my flow that I am calling from PVA, however the variable for this parameter does not appear in the list of dynamic content for the subsequent steps.

I see this thread suggests clicking on "more", but I do not have this option.

Screenshot_1.png

I have also tried using the variables function variables('InternalRequestBool') to no avail as this is meant for interacting with actual variables, not input/output parameters as explained by the error message I encountered when trying to save the flow with this code:

Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"InvalidOpenApiFlow","message":"Flow save failed with code 'InvalidVariableOperation' and message 'The inputs of workflow run action 'Send_an_email_notification_(V3)' of type 'OpenApiConnection' are not valid. The variable 'InternalRequestBool' must be initialized before it can be used inside action 'Send_an_email_notification_(V3)'.'."}}"

Is this a known issue/limitation? I cannot see anything about it in the documentation.

Yes I could use a text field with a dropdown set of options but the boolean type seems made for this kind of thing.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• MattStannett Profile Picture
    MattStannett 17 on at
    Re: Yes/No input parameter is not available in dynamic content

Thank you for this solution @renatoromao. Is there some documentation that you can link to that explains why this is required for the Yes/No input parameter type and not the Text or Number types?

Below is a screenshot of how I configured everything in case someone else comes across this in the future.

Screenshot_1.png

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at
    Re: Yes/No input parameter is not available in dynamic content

Hi @MattStannett ,

Create an action after the trigger card (PVA) in the Power Automate called Compose.

Rename this action to your variable name, just to best practice. And inside the action, select the yes/no field using the dynamic content.

---
    If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
    Renato Romão
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics