Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

Some nodes skipped execution when the topic is trigged again after "Thank you" node (the PVA system topic)

Posted on by

I have a PVA topic, embedded calling a Bot Framework Composer topic which in turn with a "Get user profile (V2) connector". After exiting the BotFrameworkComposer topic, there is a node to display the output variable result. The last node in my PVC topic is to redirect to the "Thank you" system topic.

It works as expected for the first time triggering to the PVC topic.

However....

when the topic is trigggered again, it seems skip all the nodes until the "Show a message" that display the output variable result. 

Any advice is appreciated.

To summarize:
1. First time running fine with trigger "Hide and seek". The bot behaves as expected to display the found name by taking the input search key through the use of output from the Bot Framework Composer.

2. However, after that, then trigger with "Hide and seek" again, the bot skipped all those "Ask a question" nodes, but to repeat the display the same result (Show a Message node).

Categories:
  • Re: Some nodes skipped execution when the topic is trigged again after "Thank you" node (the PVA system topic)

Will do. Thanks.

• Verified answer
    Re: Some nodes skipped execution when the topic is trigged again after "Thank you" node (the PVA system topic)

This appears to be invalid behavior.  I would suggest filing a support ticket such that a bug can be filed and addressed by the engineering team.

• Re: Some nodes skipped execution when the topic is trigged again after "Thank you" node (the PVA system topic)

Thanks.

My situation, however, is that it always skips. Illustrated as below.

gorLookPo_3-1672966949244.png

My situation is not that the question is always asked, but it is always skipped.

Any further insight is appreciated.

Further confirmation; the User's Entire Response is not allowed to skip, it should always ask for the user's input.  The only skippable question nodes are the strongly typed ones like boolean, country, etc.

It appears only "User's Entire response" datatype is not configurable for skip; all the other types are.  I've reached out to my team to ask why.

Hi JamesLew

Thanks. It helps.

But I have Question node that show different options.

Two different questions with different options on their corresponding Question Nodes, illustrated as below, the first one does not have "Skip question", whereas the second one has..

Further insight is appreciated.

gorLookPo_0-1672879573297.png

gorLookPo_1-1672879626968.png

• Verified answer
    Re: Some nodes skipped execution when the topic is trigged again after "Thank you" node (the PVA system topic)

Hi there - on a question node, PVA has the option to skip asking a second time on re-run in the case that the customer has already answered previously.  You can control this through the context menu on the question node such as a below.

Jameslew_MSFT_0-1672876163849.png

Jameslew_MSFT_1-1672876185167.png

Hope that helps.

Illustration with screen capture:

gorLookPo_0-1672795285471.png

gorLookPo_1-1672795356376.png

gorLookPo_3-1672795462257.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard