Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

Dataverse New Topics - Multiple Bots

Posted on by 106

Hello, 

I've previously created a flow to pull from dataverse a list of topics that have been added in the last 30 days. This worked great when I had just one chatbot per Teams page they were created on. 

However, I'm now moving 3 chatbots under one Teams page environment... is there a way to filter the dataverse action so it only pulls the topics applicable to that chatbot as well the date created on filter? From what I can see there is 'parentbotid' and 'parent chatbot subcomponent' as data fields, I'm just not sure what the syntax would be or which one would work? I've tried a few times with no luck. If anyone has any ideas please?

Matthew5_0-1670340267916.png

Thank you

Categories:
  • HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at
    Re: Dataverse New Topics - Multiple Bots

Great to read - indeed it might be easier to filter on the bot name or schema name instead of the botid in Dataverse for Teams 🙂

• Matthew5 Profile Picture
    Matthew5 106 on at

Just found it! Looks like it can found under 'chatbots' and 'SchemaName' 

Tested and working with your OData filter clause. Thank you very much

Matthew5_1-1670346475510.png

Matthew5 106 on at

Thank you so much for the prompt reply, I'm utilising PVA for Teams. I don't suppose there's a way to find that within Teams?
    I've had a quick look online and can't see any supporting articles online to find this, I've checked the dataverse tables it's blank (so I'm not very hopeful)

Matthew5_0-1670345756015.png

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

It's actually a different ID.

The bot id is the one for the Dataverse bot record. You can find in the PVA URL when editing a bot in the PVA portal.

E.g. https://web.powerva.microsoft.com/environments/c53bf002-7923-4d1c-b5ae-3265093d59e1/bots/2d3aae11-a9f8-4796-abdc-99f6a84c0f6c

Matthew5 106 on at

Thank you very much, I'll give this a go. 

May I please ask, where I would find those IDs referenced? I can see 3 similar formatted numbers, as either 'Environment ID', 'Tenant ID' or 'Bot app ID' via the details section of PVA

• Verified answer
    HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hello @Matthew5,

So, this one is a bit tricky but possible.

For bots created in the current, production-supported, version of PVA, you need to filter based on the many-to-many relationship (bot_botcomponent) that exists between Chatbot (bot) and Chatbot Subcomponent (botcomponent).

The OData filter clause would look like this:

bot_botcomponent/any(o:o/botid eq '2e65b370-0258-47d3-805a-a7a9ed6bd2bd') and createdon ge '2022-11-30'

For bots created in the new unified authoring experience (now in public preview), you indeed need to filter based on the many-to-one relationship (parentbotid).

The OData filter clause would look like this:

_parentbotid_value eq '5b1383be-76ce-40c3-ac45-e09ca5961b4a' and createdon ge '2022-11-30'

You can learn more about OData and syntax for the Dataverse Web API here: Query data using the Web API (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics