Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Error importing chatbot

Posted on by 68

I am trying to import a bot written in another environment as described here: Export and import bots using solutions. The import appeared to go well; the chatbot and its subcomponents appear as expected.  After publishing the components I click on the bot, taking me to https://web.powerva.microsoft.com.   The screen then posts this error:

Bot not found.
Diagnostic Trace Id: Trace id not available. Headers: {"content-type":"application/json","x-ms-activity-vector":"00.00.00","x-ms-islandgateway":"GA0000001","x-ms-service-request-id":"8db62e68-1c67-4843-a64a-609e00a364d1"}

When I return to the solution in Power Platform, the solution is empty - bot and all the sub-components are gone.   Powr Platform does not report any errors.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue ares appreciated.

Steve

• SteveFeldman Profile Picture
    SteveFeldman 68 on at
    Re: Error importing chatbot

Just this week, I finally had the chance to meet with the product group.  We made these alterations to the process

• Before proceeding, delete the solution in the target environment, and delete the chatbot and its dependencies from PVA
    • First try to export and import a managed solution.  If that fails try again with an unmanaged solutions
    • After importing the solution and before opening the chatbot, select the chatbot and run from the menu Advanced | Add required objects | OKDo this even regardless of the results of the dependency reports.
    • From the solution, open the Chatbot from the solution

This time the chatbot installed and run without incident

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard