Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

Save a Users Email Address When Interacting With a Bot

Posted on by 6

Hello,

First time posting, not sure where to post.....

I am currently trying to capture a users email when they interact with the bot and save this somewhere like the ConversationTranscript entity. I then pull this CDS data into a sharepoint list using a flow for further manipulation. The email (amongst other things) is going to be used to verify a customer before providing info and also to facilitate an email of the content being sent to the customer following their interaction.

I have created a new field in the ConversationalTranscript entity, updated my authoring canvas to request the email from the user and set the variable. How do I get the email address a user adds in the bot conversation to save into the CDS entity?

Thanks for any help.....

Categories:
  • Ian1964 Profile Picture
    Ian1964 6 on at
    Re: Save a Users Email Address When Interacting With a Bot

Ok thanks it looks mighty complicated as per usual with these easy in principle things.

Ill give it a whirl and let you know if it works.

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Ian1964 ,

You can see a similar topic here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Publish-Channel-Management/Is-it-possible-to-reconnect-the-user-to-a-conversation-with-a/m-p/564087

• Ian1964 Profile Picture
    Ian1964 6 on at

Thanks.

Is there no way of adjusting the data that is saved when the transcript is saved then? I did find the solution but it is 'managed' and doesnt allow any changes. I don't mind if it is 6 hours but I guess at best I could extract the email address from the content somehow. 

Does this mean there is no way to save any custom data gathered from a chat only the content?

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Ian1964 ,

Unfortunately, you cannot do it yet.

Because the conversation will be saved into the ConversationTranscript entity after 6hrs of the real conversation, it's not in real-time.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard