Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

Charges and Licensing for Power Virtual Agents in Teams

Posted on by 22

Hi, everyone. Please excuse me if this question is answered elsewhere. I have checked the Microsoft pricing pages for Power virtual assistants, our organisation's admin panel, and searched this forum, and I am a bit confused by what I've read so far.

I added the Power Virtual Agent applet in Teams, and created a bot for testing purposes, after reading the article at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/now-in-preview-customize-teams-with-built-in-power-platform-capabilities/. The article says that Power apps and bots are now included in Teams at no additional cost.

I then published the bot to my organisation's team, but nowhere else. I was not prompted for licensing or to purchase anything.

My question: is my organisation going to incur charges for this test bot?

Another question: how can I see any charges related to Power apps in our admin panel, and hopefully, verify that we are not being charged for our bot currently in use.

As I mentioned, the page I've linked to above says that Power apps are available at no cost, which is why I decided to try creating this test bot (rather than building it with Bot Framework, which I have also been experimenting with). After reading more about Power virtual agents, I've become a bit worried that the bot I made comes with a (very expensive) charge of over $1000 per month. When I checked our organisation admin panel in Microsoft 365 (https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#/subscriptions/apps or https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home?source=applauncher#/subscriptions), it does not show any charges for this bot. So I hope that means we aren't being charged for it.   😐

Thank you for your help!
Michela

Categories:
  • p_doc Profile Picture
    p_doc 258 on at
    Re: Charges and Licensing for Power Virtual Agents in Teams

Hi @renatoromao ,

Apologies for jumping on this chat.

Quick question regarding your comment:

"you'll not receive any invoices or something like that to pay a license if you are using the Power Apps or Power Virtual Agents inside the Microsoft Teams."

Can you please confirm that Power Apps (Canvas app, model driven app) is not charged when used in Microsoft teams?

Is there any documentation regarding this?

Looking forward for your reply, thank you in advance.

• BenGWeeks Profile Picture
    BenGWeeks 32 on at

Can you explain why this is still not made clear on the Products page? Pricing Plans | Microsoft Power Virtual Agents

• rdhullipaua Profile Picture
    rdhullipaua 10 on at

Hi @mivakoc Thanks for the trail version link.

• rdhullipaua Profile Picture
    rdhullipaua 10 on at

Hi @michela Please share with us, if you have step by step instructions and if there is a link for the same. I am new like to try with in Teams not on the web, once we get good feeling about the bots, then we will get started on the web.

Thanks 

• michela Profile Picture
    michela 22 on at

@mivakoc

Fabulous. Thank you again!

Best,

Michela

• Re: Charges and Licensing for Power Virtual Agents in Teams

Hi @michela

That's correct, we won't charge you purchase the paid PVA subscription. You are able to sign up for a 60 days trial that will give you access to the full functionality, but we won't charge you since that's a free trial and it doesn't auto renew.

See how to sign up for the trial: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/requirements-licensing-subscriptions#upgrading-your-license

The trial will give you an idea of what the full, paid version of PVA is capable of and you can decide whether the extra functionality is something you are willing to pay on top of your Microsoft 365 licenses. 

Michael, PM @ PVA

michela 22 on at

Hi, @mivakoc

Thank you for your reply as well! You make it quite clear that the test bot I've created doesn't come with a charge -- that's quite a relief!

Will you also see my question from my last post (our posts were crossed in transit)? Basically, I would like to confirm that the provisioning of paid-for apps and bots is very clear and that I, the user / developer, will not deploy a paid-for app without realising it (until I get the bill).

Thank you,

Michela

michela 22 on at

Hi, @renatoromao,

Thanks so much for your speedy reply!!

That's fantastic news, and did appear to be the case. I wasn't certain and really had to be sure, given the potential cost.

So, am I correct then, in thinking that it is very clear to the user how the paid apps are provisioned (by purchasing a license for the tenant first, or similar)? More simply put, there is little chance that I could provision an app or bot that is charged for without realising it -- is that right?  🙂

Thanks again,

Michela

• Verified answer

Hi @michela

Rento is correct, you won't be charged for traffic generated by a bot created in Teams and deployed in Teams. 

Beware that currently, the billing dashboard in the product does not yet reflect the change as we call out in the documentation, but you can remain calm that you won't receive a bill from Microsoft for usage of the bots. And we are working on improving the reporting. 

Similarly we have improvements on our roadmap so that admins can easily see all usage of bots across environments. Stay tuned!

Please let us know how is your experience of building bots in Teams using PVA and what else you would like to see improved/get better clarity on!

Thanks, 
    Michael, PM @ PVA 

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @michela ,

Great, thanks for using the PVA inside the Microsoft Teams!!! 🙂

Send your feedback to us with this experience.

Regarding your question, no worries, you'll not receive any invoices or something like that to pay a license if you are using the Power Apps or Power Virtual Agents inside the Microsoft Teams.

Today, the license is purchased if you are using the Power Virtual Agents on the web (https://powerva.microsoft.com) but if you are using inside the Teams you can do relax it.

And the PVA for the web license is purchased by the tenant and not by user or bot.

And you can manage your environment using this link: https://admin.powerplatform.com

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard