Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

What is the best way to invoke PVA bot from BF Virtual Assitant?

Posted on by

Hello,

I'm aware of PVA tool and have been building PVA bots for a while now. However, I'm looking for best possible way out there to use these tiny PVA bots with our existing BF Virtual Assistant .

Out virtual assistant is in Production today and, so I'm looking to find if msft is providing any sort of connection framework from BF VA to PVA bot.

Note: I'm aware that reverse if possible. As in we can invoke BF skills from PVA bot.

• nmk Profile Picture
    nmk 193 on at
    Re: What is the best way to invoke PVA bot from BF Virtual Assitant?

The only way I could imagine a bot can talk to other bot is through skills and a pva bot can't be converted to a skill. 

• Re: What is the best way to invoke PVA bot from BF Virtual Assitant?

@fchopoI might have not understood it correctly. Are you suggesting to use 3rd bot to connect PVA bot to Existing BF Virtual Agent we have ? If yes, Is there direct way to connect PVA bot to Bf Virtual agent?

Also we use JS SDK so let me know if any examples you can point me to.

• fchopo Profile Picture
    fchopo 7,736 on at
    Re: What is the best way to invoke PVA bot from BF Virtual Assitant?

Hello @Anonymous 

You could have a look at this samples:

• SimpleBotToBot Echo SkillThis bot has been created using Bot Framework, it shows how to create a simple skill consumer (SimpleRootBot) that sends message activities to a skill (EchoSkillBot) that echoes it back.
    • Bot ConnectorThis console app shows the minimum code required to connect customized client to an existing virtual agent.

So the idea behind this is that you create a simple bot that is connected to a PVA (second sample), and this simple bot is called by the bot that uses BF (first sample).

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics