Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate Mobile App
Unanswered

Notifications from Power Automate App

Posted on by 4

I have had Power Automate Flows setup to send me mobile notifications through the Mobile App for years to get notified of new emails in my subfolders since Outlook still has not implemented the ability to get notified of new emails in subfolders on Mobile Outlook.

For some reason, my mobile notifications are not being received on my iOS device since Thursday. I wfh and being on my phone is part of my job, so I would like to see if anyone else has had this issue in the last week or so.

I tried deleting the app, redoing my flows, creating a new flow - nothing has worked.

• JE811 Profile Picture
    JE811 7 on at
    Re: Notifications from Power Automate App

I got a response from the app developer. They said the issue was on their end and they have fixed it. I confirmed my mobile notifications are working again this morning. 

• STJ Profile Picture
    STJ 8 on at

Today notifications are working without issues on my device.

• moody2 Profile Picture
    moody2 2 on at
    oss
  • KT12 Profile Picture
    KT12 6 on at

So I was able to resolve it yesterday. Up to this point I have only had power automate installed on company issued ios devices which have a lot of device management software (microsoft intune, company app portal, etc) and I realised that power automate was unique because it was no longer available on the company app portal (replaced by power apps) so I had been installing it via the apple app store instead. My theory was that because it is not a "managed" app anymore, maybe something was going on with how the app refreshes / fetches information.

I am able to access office apps on my personal iphone so I installed power automate on that device and logged in. I then sent a quick email that I knew would be filtered to a sub folder. Almost instantly (less than 30secs later) I got a power automate push notification on my personal iphone, company iphone, and company ipad. Since then it has been working fine.

Now it had been about 24 hours since I had tried troubleshooting the issue, so it could be that there was some sort of fix by microsoft or by my company in that time, but the instantaneous nature of the change makes me think there is a high chance my approach made a difference.

I have not tried deleting power automate on my personal device or disabling notifications, but I might do that later in the week and see what happens...

• JE811 Profile Picture
    JE811 7 on at

This is a good summary of what I'm experiencing as well.

• KT12 Profile Picture
    KT12 6 on at

I'm having the same issue, I only noticed it a few days ago. I tested the following:

- Notify me when a new email arrives in a specific subfolder (i.e. moved by Outlook rules)

- Notify me when an email arrives from a specific sender

- Notify me when an email arrives with high importance

Push notifications were not triggered for any of those.

I then tried to create parallel branches of actions, in tandem with the push notification (e.g. send me an email, flag email, etc). All the parallel branches work.

I then dug in a bit further, and it appears all of the flows are marked as run successfully including the push notification piece. If I open the power automate app, I can see the notifications for all of the trigger events I have tested. So I think the issue is that the mobile app is receiving the info but just not sending a notification to the ios lockscreen?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics