Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Copilot Studio Fails to Connect to Azure AI Data Source After Deployment

Posted on by 4

Hey everyone,

I'm currently working on a Copilot project and I am facing a problem. Following the guidance from the video titled "How to use Azure OpenAI on your Data with Copilot Studio", I uploaded my document to Azure OpenAI to use it as a data source. I then deployed a ChatBot using the GPT-4-32k model in Azure OpenAI Studio and subsequently deployed this Bot to Copilot Studio. However, I am facing a challenge where Copilot Studio seems unable to connect to the Azure AI data. The bot fails to answer any questions.

I have successfully created an index by uploading documents to the Chat-Playground feature in AI Search, as shown in this screenshot of my Index setup. This setup works as expected within Chat-Playground, enabling interactions and dialogues with the data source.

DioneH_0-1712759799895.png

DioneH_1-1712759821050.pngDioneH_2-1712759829030.png

DioneH_3-1712759837659.png

However, the issue arises when I deploy to Copilot Studio. I am directed to a page for creating a new Copilot Studio Chat Bot, but upon opening this chatbot, I'm met with initial settings and an absence of any data or configuration. This issue persists even when using Microsoft's Index Sample as the data source, resulting in the same outcome.

DioneH_4-1712759870514.png

Could someone please advise on what might be going wrong? I am particularly interested in understanding why the connection to the Azure AI data source is not functioning within Copilot Studio after deployment, despite working in the Chat-Playground.

Thank you in advance.

Categories:
  • zhengtzerlee Profile Picture
    zhengtzerlee 28 on at
    Copilot Studio Fails to Connect to Azure AI Data Source After Deployment
    Hi, I am having the exact same issue, is the problem been resolved for you? mind sharing your solution?

[resolved] in my case, configure semantic on AI search, then it will works, but now i stucked at "publish"
  • citron-truc Profile Picture
    citron-truc 395 on at
    Re: Copilot Studio Fails to Connect to Azure AI Data Source After Deployment

Everything looks good (just be careful with capital letters, Titel is not the same thing as titel). For the other fields, try content for Inhaltsdaten and simple for research type (if you try semantic, you have to allow it first in azure).
    If it doesn't work, I guess we'll have to look at logs on openai side to see what the problem with the copilot studio request is.

• DioneH Profile Picture
    DioneH 4 on at

Hello, thank you for your support. I can see the connection for powerapps environment. And I have also tried manually deploying Azure OpenAI to Copilot Studio. But it still doesn't work.

DioneH_0-1712847786232.pngDioneH_1-1712847793588.png

• citron-truc Profile Picture
    citron-truc 395 on at

Good morning,

I hope you are doing well. When you click on "deploy in copilot studio", a "connection" object is created between powerapps and azure openai but it does not fill in the information (which is a bit annoying). It proposes to create a new bot but the connection is created for you whole environment (and also for existing bots). You can see it in https://make.powerapps.com/ in the connection field. If you can't see it, the security policy of your powerapps environment might be blocking it.

You have to manually give the name of your deployment in Azure OpenAI, the name of the index you want to interrogate and the name of the fields you want to be interrogated.
    For the API version, the only compatible right now is 2023-06-01-preview I think.

Hope it helps

Have a lovely day.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard