Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Question Entity Recognition

Posted on by 3
I have created an entity with text values for set of custom values.  My goal is, if one of these values is not presented as the answer to a question, to then provide a list of the most popular ones to suggest.  I created a question with the Identify set to my new entity - I did not want there to be choices, but have the user type in their answer then validate against the entity values.  I entered it like this:

I did not want the user to be re-prompted if a matching entity was not found, so I set the question behavior to Don't repeat under how many reprompts.  I also set the retry prompt to:
Hmm, I didn't find that queue - you could try the any of the following:
  • Apples
  • Cherries
  • Plums
In entity recognition, I set the condition not met prompt to 'Can you try again?', the No valid entity found to set to empty, and the No entity found message to 'Hmm, I couldn't find that fruit.'  Just for good measure I added a condition that is the FavFruit was null (as I specified in the no entity found parameter, it would give me a message that said, 'try again'.  Despite all of these settings, if I enter a fruit not on the list, it just repeats the original question - which leads me to ask 'WHAT DO THESE SETTINGS DO???'.  Help, they seem straightforward just don't do what I expect them to...
Categories:
  • peterswimm Profile Picture
    peterswimm on at
    Question Entity Recognition
    Hmm I would open a support ticket, feels like a bug behavior.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard