Skip to main content

Notifications

Process Mining
Unanswered

Move activities

Posted on by 27

In the map of process activities, is it possible to move the activities to fix a messy representation?

I would place the activities in another way that would be much more understandable. But I do not know how to do it.

Is it possible?

Thanks!

Categories:
  • LukasCervenan Profile Picture
    LukasCervenan 10 on at
    Move activities
    Hey Francesc JC,
    The activities are displayed in order which represents sequence of their timestamps, as listed in the EventLog.
    This is one of the added values of process mining - we see true order of activities, in a way they were executed in reality (if the EventLog represents the same values).
    If you need to change the order of activities, you would need to change the timestamps for those activities.

If you need to make the process map more readable and understandable, then please use sliders from the Customize panel on the right:
  • Suggested answer
    Russ_PowerLS Profile Picture
    Russ_PowerLS 8 on at
    Move activities
    There are so many ways to change - just not in the web based version.   In the desktop there is this in the right hand side and you can view it left to right.  You can edit which path is shown, you can refer to people instad of activities (social chart).  

Hope this was helpful, let me know which version you have if it is just web based, you can select the variant by variant to show.  Let me know 

• Francesc JC Profile Picture
    Francesc JC 27 on at
    Re: Move activities

What a pity.
    It would be good for me to put the activities in order so that it is easier to understand the map.

Thank you!

• JK_msft Profile Picture
    JK_msft on at
    Re: Move activities

Hi @FJ-03061354-0,

The layout of activities and transactions in process map of Process Mining Desktop is the result of graphical component. It layouts activities and transactions by the way, that they do not overlap and do not cross (transactions) in order the map is the most readable as possible even for complicated processes.

I am sorry if the generated map for your process seems messy to you, but currently it is not possible to change the position of the activity or transaction in the process map.

I hope I helped you with my answer.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard