Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Answered

Delete system topics

Posted on by 22

There currently doesn't seem to be a way to delete the system topics. Can anyone explain to me why this is? There are some topics, like the escalate topic (talk to a human), that don't apply to our bot's context. It makes no sense to me that certain content is forced upon our bot users.

• Suma_Sai Profile Picture
    Suma_Sai on at
    Re: Delete system topics

Hi all I also faced this issue where I did not want to have the escalate topic. Therefore I turned off the topic and adjusted the remaining topics which are getting effected by this change.

Suma_Sai_0-1713886923573.png

Just in case if you did not try this option.(It might not be the best practice but it worked for me)

Thank you

• Suma_Sai Profile Picture
    Suma_Sai on at

Hi all I also faced this issue where I did not want to have the escalate topic. Therefore I turned off the topic and adjusted the remaining topics which are getting effected by this change.

Suma_Sai_0-1713886923573.png

Just in case if you did not try this option.(It might not be the best practice but it worked for me)

Thank you

• H-JB Profile Picture
    H-JB 3 on at

same issue; editor suggested to save as copy and now stuck with those copies... and bot is unusable. 

• Re: Delete system topics

@renatoromao :

I am also stuck at this point where we are unable to delete the system topics.
    In my scenario, I created a copy of "Conversation start' system topic just to make sure that I changes I made to start topic are not lost. But now the issue is when I publish the apps to my teams channel, I started getting two triggered start messages.

Can you help me on this please.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Yes, I understand.

Thanks for your feedback, it's very important for Microsoft! 🙂

@lzandman 

• Verified answer
    lzandman Profile Picture
    lzandman 22 on at

Yes, I know you can edit the contents of the system topics. But you cannot edit the trigger words/sentences or remove them entirely. That's the problem.

I get Microsoft wants users to have a nice conversation experience when talking to a bot. And that includes having topics that handle the chit-chat (hello, welcome, goodbye, ...). But what I don't like is that this is forced upon us. It's perfectly fine to get them provisioned as part of a new bot. But you should be able to delete/disable them.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @lzandman ,

You cannot delete system topics, unfortunately.

The idea is your bot allows all better conversation for your users, but you can modify internally your bot, changing the message, or something like that.

If you want to remove or something like that, you can create an idea here: https://aka.ms/pva/community/ideas

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,997

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics