Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Suggested answer

Generative Answers: There are Authentication errors in one or more of these sources

Posted on by 31

Hello Everyone, I am having the below issue and trying to connect to sharepoint website and I am getting the authentication issue and I can access SharePoint with the same credentials as the Copilot. Still I am facing this issue.

SharePoint connection was configured with different credentials.

How can I resolve this issue?

Please help.

Arun786_1-1716349754176.png

• JP-05091151-0 Profile Picture
    JP-05091151-0 2 on at
    Generative Answers: There are Authentication errors in one or more of these sources
  • Suggested answer
    Engy Louis Profile Picture
    Engy Louis 2 on at

Hello,

I have encountered a similar issue previously and resolved it by setting up manual authentication for Copilot, setup App registration with Entra ID For detailed guidance, follow the below article :

Configure user authentication - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

• Suggested answer
    Vishnu Maddala Profile Picture
    Vishnu Maddala 9 on at

Hi, 

We had gone through the similar issues hosted at a SharePoint Library. As we had done few changes in the Power Platform admin center to switch Copilot authentication settings to manual and setup App registration with OAUTH or Entra ID.
    Along with it, we faced another Main challenge where the user is having the SharePoint Library level access, still Copilot is able to produce generative response of Site level, after we changed the DLP's and done few changes in Microsoft Purview, we could be able to restrict the access, now the functionality is smooth.

Also refer to this DOC's link for better understanding: Configure user authentication - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
    Vishnu Maddala
  • BH-30081408-0 Profile Picture
    BH-30081408-0 2 on at
    Hi
    Historically when connecting CoPilot to a sharepoint source it was recommended to use "Manual Authentication" and set up the
    - Client ID
    - Secret
    - Tenant ID
    - Scopes

as per previous comment.
    I thought this was a bit unnecessary especially if you are only publishing your copilot to Teams, as users are already logged into Teams so why would they have to authenticate again to use your copilot.
    However as per article https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-copilot-studio/nlu-generative-answers-sharepoint-onedrive the "Note" section indicates that "It's possible to use generative answers with SharePoint data in Microsoft Teams chats, and not require manual authentication. To use this method for a previously published copilot, reconfigure the copilot to use Microsoft Entra ID authentication in Teams and PowerApps and then publish it again to Microsoft Teams"
    So I changed my authentication back to "Authenticate with Microsoft" and even though my copilot in copilot studio can correctly interrogate and answer questions on my Sharepoint data, my copilot in Teams cant provide any answers on the Sharepoint data.
    I have a ticket open with Microsoft on this so waiting on their feedback.

• VK-25070751-0 Profile Picture
    VK-25070751-0 6 on at
    I can confirm that the solution proposed by dareima works. Your sharepoint administrator needs to configure these parameters for your custom copilot to work:
    - Client ID
    - Secret
    - Tenant ID
    - Scopes

If you follow the video link posted by dareima it will guide you.
  • Suggested answer
    dareima Profile Picture
    dareima 3 on at
    Following the steps described in this great video by Dewain Robinson, fixed these exact authentication issues for us. Even though a lot has changed since then, the steps are still valid. UI might be different. Our problem was that learn articles by Microsoft held different and contradicting info but when mixed together in the correct way, our Copilots authenticated properly against SharePoint resources.

• VK-25070751-0 Profile Picture
    VK-25070751-0 6 on at
    I have the same issue: authentification error in copilot studio and the published chatbot in Teams is ignoring the sharepoint context :-/
    ​​​​​​​In test mode everything works...
  • GV-15071442-0 Profile Picture
    GV-15071442-0 2 on at
    I'm having exact same issue as HS-12071415-0. When I publish my bot on teams it totally ignores sharepoint information, when I try with a public website it works properly.
  • Generative Answers: There are Authentication errors in one or more of these sources
    simillar problem from yesterday. Copilot has been updated? Since yesterday when I select 'write again with the copilot function'  doesn't correct it for me, it works quite differently. Until a few days ago, it corrected my text very well.  Today it works like a typical gpt chat. The text looks the same after correction. Almost nothing changes. So far it has worked capably and a bad tekt has improved into a really cool text. I would be grateful for your help.
  • HS-12071415-0 Profile Picture
    HS-12071415-0 2 on at
    Having exact same issue as StevenWade described in his response. Bot behaves very difference in Copilot Studio vs Teams. It totally ignores knowledge sources (SharePoint / OneDrive) and provides generic answers from internet.

Can anyone from Microsoft provide help?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,585

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,336

Leaderboard