Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Error in creating a Developer Environment

Posted on by

Hi everyone, 

While I tried to create my developer environment, I encountered an error message saying " I am not licensed to create a developer environment ". Please, I need help to resolve this.

Thank you.

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Vinoth Selvam Profile Picture
    Vinoth Selvam 497 on at
    Error in creating a Developer Environment

The Error message clearly states that a permissions or licensing issue with your Microsoft account or tenant.

To create a Power Platform developer environment, you need to have a valid Power Apps or Power Platform license. A free Power Apps Developer Plan license is required for creating and managing development environments.

If you're working within a company or school tenant, the ability to create environments might be restricted by an admin. This is often managed under the Power Platform admin center.

Some organizations have policies that restrict who can create environments to prevent unnecessary resource usage. These settings are controlled at the tenant level by admins. If you're under such a policy, request permission from your IT or system admin to allow developer environment creation for your account.

Thanks.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard