Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

Person Card

Posted on by 5

Hello All,

I'm building my first app in PVA.

I the end on results I need return person with all information: departament, email, phone, photo etc.

The best solution will be return "person cards" like is in "who" app i MsTeams or similar.

It is possibe import from some place in PVA template card ? 

Or i must build of begining this type of card ?☹️

• micchow Profile Picture
    micchow on at
    Re: Person Card

@BMil , there isn't a way to generate a chat deep link button yet.  You can generate a link to let user start a chat session with the user as you would have all the information required to generate a Teams chat deep link from Power Automate:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/build-and-test/deep-links#deep-linking-to-a-chat

• s2087863 Profile Picture
    s2087863 2 on at

@BMil wrote:

Hello All,

I'm building my first app in PVA.

I the end on results I need return person with all information: departament, email, phone, photo etc.

The best solution will be return "person cards" like is in "who" app i MsTeams or similar.

It is possibe import from some place in PVA template card ? 

Or i must build of begining this type of card ?☹️

• ALSSULAMI_515 Profile Picture
    ALSSULAMI_515 2 on at

good

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @BMil ,

Sorry if I'm doing a clearing explanation, but I tried to look at your question again and it's not clear to me what do you want.

Some options below:

End-user talk to Bot

You can get a user profile using Power Automate as you said. 

If you want to get more details, you can use authentication for internal users and private your bot (many benefits).

Add user authentication to chatbot topics - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

End-user want to talk with an employee

If you want to transfer end-user from your chatbot to a Teams chat or Teams call, you can't do it yet. We have an idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Virtual-Agents-Ideas/Transfer-to-Agent-in-Teams/idi-p/737140

If you want to transfer end-user from your chatbot to an external human conversation, you can use this documentation: Use hand-off to live agent - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

• BMil Profile Picture
    BMil 5 on at

Hi Renato,

maybe I wrote not very precisely

I create bot for internal users only, in addition to basic user data i need button( or different link) to connecting the person who talks to the bot with the person who is the result of the conversation.

plase check attached, i have mean "chat" button.czat.png

renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @BMil ,

You're welcome! 🙂

Unfortunately, you can't connect the user during the conversation from the bot to a person in Teams.

We already have an idea here: Transfer to Agent in Teams - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

• BMil Profile Picture
    BMil 5 on at

Many thanks for your fast answer.  I use Power Automate (users office 369 ->take profil users v2)  I have general information in returns: Name, email etc great !!!

One more qestion, I need returns connect/button with person in teams chat. How and where i can find, add this connection using Power Automate ?

renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @BMil ,

You have two options to do it.

First, you need to mark all question as a global, to allow reuse in other topics: Use chatbot variables to carry content across topics - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

First Option

Using Bot Framework Composer, you can customize adaptive cards to do it.

BFC: Use Bot Framework Composer with chatbots - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Adaptive Cards: https://adaptivecards.io/designer/

Second Option

You can call an action at the end of your conversation, passing all variables to him and then your response you can use Markdown.

Power Automate: Automate chatbot actions with flows - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Markdown: Use markdown to format Power Automate approvals - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Feel free to reply to this topic if you have any questions.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics