Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

Skip Question does not work intermittently

Posted on by 20

I have observed that skip question works sometimes and sometimes not. For example, let's look at the sample topic "Lesson 4 - A topic with a condition, variables and custom entity."

Here in testing the bot I have first typed "I want a business laptop". It recognized the word business and did not asked the question "Do you see yourself as a home user, a gamer or a business user?".  But, when I typed again "I want a business laptop" (same question as earlier), this time it did not skip the above question. This scenario is repeatable. Please see the test chat screen shots. I am facing this problem with my custom entities so I thought of testing with the sample and here it is the same..

SachV_0-1623542797376.png

SachV_1-1623542806583.png

Any idea why it behaves like this? 

Thank you.

Categories:
  • renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at
    Re: Skip Question does not work intermittently

@SachV ,

No, it's an Artificial Intelligence capability, sometimes will not recognise 100%. Microsoft is improving it constantly.

• SCV Profile Picture
    SCV 20 on at

This is exactly what I have done Renato. I still have the same issue. it's strange. My trial is about to expire. Can that be a reason ?? just thinking..

renatoromao 6,762 on at

@SachV ,

Yes, I know.

As I mentioned above, you can try to do it here:  (its working normally for me)

pva-issue-1306.png

• SCV Profile Picture
    SCV 20 on at

Hi Renato,
    Thanks for your response. Appreciate it!!

I have been testing this with a new bot (with no custom entities or topics).  Basically in PVA I created a new Bot and did the above test. As you know there are 4 topics (named lesson1, lesson 2 etc.) enabled. So no custom entities involved. My question is when I asked that question "I want a business laptop" for the first time it skipped the question (this is lesson 4 topic). But when I asked the same question again as per my screen shots, it does not skip that question. You can try this in 2 minutes by creating a new bot in PVA.

Thank you

renatoromao 6,762 on at

hI @SachV ,

I think that it's a normal behavior because when the bot said "Go ahead." they are expecting a new trigger phrase so I that case they get that "I want a business laptop" is a part of your custom topic. In your case, the bot is not recognizing the trigger phase + custom question with an entity in your topic.

You can do a configuration that will skip your question all the time if this answer already was replied to the user (edit topic >> question ellipses >> select the option to skip the question) but If the user says "I want a business laptop" and after "I want a gamer" in the phrase (the same structure that you mentioned above in your screenshot) the bot will skip and maintain the "Business" option selected and not the "Gamer" (I guess).

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics