Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

How to feed Power BI pages into suggested topics feature

Posted on by

I'm interested in using PVA's ability to get topic suggestions from webpages (How to get topic suggestions from webpages with Power Virtual Agents - YouTube). In particular, I've got a few FAQ pages that live on Sharepoint sites that I would like to add.

When I try to just add the URL for the FAQ page, I get an error message: "We couldn’t connect to this link, or it’s not secure. Make sure it’s secure (beginning with https://) and that it’s a working link."

It seems like a workaround may be to just copy and paste the contents of the site into a Word doc, then convert to a PDF and upload to the web - but I don't know how to make the URL for the PDF a public link that PVA could read from. 

Does anybody have advice on how to proceed here? It would be ideal if we could have the bot source information from FAQ type documents that our team members could just upload, rather than needing every contributor to learn how to create topics in the bot.

• DiegoPeres Profile Picture
    DiegoPeres 327 on at
    Re: How to feed Power BI pages into suggested topics feature

Hi, I have never popped with public URLs, I actually have not popped the bot with documents that way, but I believe that if you put those documents in OneDrive or SP and share the URLs and to work.

If I have some time tomorrow I will make a POC of it, and let you know

Did I answer your question?😉
    Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.

Like my answer?

Like it! 👍

Thanks!
    Diego Peres,
    Connect with me: Linkedin

• justinroyal Profile Picture
    justinroyal on at

Hi @DiegoPeres thanks for your response. I would also like to be able to generate new topics by adding documents. The issue I'm running into is that I've tried to copy and paste the contents of a  Q&A site into a Word doc, then convert to a PDF and upload to the web - but I don't know how to make the URL for the PDF a public link that PVA could read from. Is there some other way to add topics to the bot by feeding it a PDF or Word doc?

• DiegoPeres Profile Picture
    DiegoPeres 327 on at

hi @justinroyal I don't understand your problem to use a base connection, I use the ServiceNow knowledge base for topic suggestion, so when new documents are added it suggests the creation of topics for the BOT.

Did I answer your question?😉
    Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.

Like my answer?

Like it! 👍

Thanks!
    Diego Peres,
    Connect with me: Linkedin

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard