Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

Search file in sharePoint and reply with sharepoint link

Posted on by 13

Hi Guys, 

I'm struggling (newbee) at the moment figuring out how can I build the flow correctly. Here is the UseCase :

An user is having a problem with his password, he comes to PVA bot in Teams and says "how can i reset my password", the bot takes the user input and search in a specific folder then extract the file URL OR the content inside and reply " here are all the steps that you need". 

he will understand the user input as there is a topic that i've created and trained called "password assistance" 

Can you please tell me if its possible and if yes, how can i build this flow step by step. 

Thank you very much for your time !!! 

Categories:
  • SupportBryn Profile Picture
    SupportBryn on at
    Re: Search file in sharePoint and reply with sharepoint link

No problem! Glad I could help. Hope you continue to enjoy your experience using our tools! (and it is Bryn, by the way, not Bryan 😆)

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
    Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform
    If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

• echodapogi Profile Picture
    echodapogi 514 on at

Thanks Bryan. This has been resolved. I created a different flow instead of what i have and it works fine. thanks for your support. I appreciate your time answering my questions. 

SupportBryn on at

Alright, I replicated the steps of the flow, and the one thing that I noticed was different between yours and the one that was eventually made to work earlier in the topic is that in your "Filter Array" action, you are comparing the dynamic value of "Title" to "Document Name", instead of comparing "Name" to "Document Name". Could you do me a favor and remove the "Title" value, and select "Name" from the list instead, and then try to run the Flow again?

Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform
    If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

echodapogi 514 on at

Hi Bryan, there is no multiple title inside the folder. Please see the image below. Let's say i need to show the link of "School note.pdf". The PVA flow is not working.

insidefolder.PNG

SupportBryn on at

Alright, that clears things up a bit. Just to check, is the test input you are using for the flow contained within multiple document titles? Because as written, if there is ever more than a single valid answer, all the files that contain that test input in any way will be added. 

Could I also see the PVA side of things for this? It may help me to figure out what is going funny, if the above is not the case.

Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform

echodapogi 514 on at

Hi Bryan. 

After Filter Array > i just added "Append to string variable" but it keeps wrapping that function into "Apply to Each" so i am unable to just add "Append to string variable" alone. 

After that, the flow keeps showing ALL the links not just the single string that i need. 

flow1.PNG

flow2.PNG

flow3.PNG

SupportBryn on at

I'm sorry, it's a bit unclear what's happening. If you just do an Append to String Variable action, without putting it inside of an Apply to Each action, and removing the existing Apply to Each action, what occurs? 

Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform

echodapogi 514 on at

Bryan. I did. but it keeps looping inside the Apply to Each every time i add append to string variable

SupportBryn on at

@echodapogi

Have you tried doing it without an "Apply to Each"? It may be iterating through the list multiple times, rather than just appending the one link you want to the string variable.

Hope this helps!

Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform

echodapogi 514 on at

@renatoromao , please help i have this scenario that when PVA search the file, it display ALL the file link in the folder. How can  I prevent this from happening. Please see my flow images below

flow1.PNG

flow2.PNG

flow3.PNG

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics