Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

Virtual Agent action but no Flows to select

Posted on by

Hi all,

First time posting here. Recently started working with the Virtual Agent and I'm trying to add an action (Flow) that I have in Power Automate. I believe I have done everything correctly - but clearly I'm missing something as the Flow is no provided for selection.

I created a Flow in My Flows, I subsequently created a new Solution (within the same Environment as the Bot) and added the existing Flow from My Flows. Following these guidelines as suggested: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-flow#move-a-flow-to-the-solutions-tab-on-the-microsoft-automate-portal

However, I still cannot see the Flow when trying to add an action within the authoring canvas. I then found another article suggesting that the Flow should be in the CDS Solution but that doesn't work either. Does anyone have any suggestions to help resolve?

Thanks,

Josh

Categories:
  • chass Profile Picture
    chass on at
    Re: Virtual Agent action but no Flows to select

Chatted w/ kianlutu and it was a JSON issue 

• Verified answer
    jpirelli Profile Picture
    jpirelli on at

So far, every time I have seen this it has been due to the JSON being incorrect or the flow not being in the 'solutions' areas. I'd say dig up the articles on those two things and I bet you will find they show up.

• kianlutu Profile Picture
    kianlutu on at

Hi MarKol,

I'm receiving the same issue as JoshT14. The solution you provided did not resolve this issue. I have a pretty simple flow that takes in two string types to query a sql table. 

Do you have any other ideas on what may be causing this issue?

Thank you,

Kian

• nicky_t Profile Picture
    nicky_t 8 on at

Nevermind, it was a malformed JSON schema on the end node. Might be worth to noting you can append items from an array to string to output though

• nicky_t Profile Picture
    nicky_t 8 on at

Hi @MarKol ,

I was wondering If I use an array list within a flow, but the trigger and outputs of the flow are all strings, should that work?

I've created a flow that appends all entities of the array to a string before outputting, but it isn't listed in 'call an action'. I'm trying to rule out if it's my error or not.

Thanks

Nicky

• jpirelli Profile Picture
    jpirelli on at

There is a new feature inside call an action to Create a Flow which will spin up a template with a sample input and output string. From there you should be able to easily modify it and insert your custom flow steps in the space just after the initialize variables steps provided.

@D365Goddess- Nice article! Keep em coming!

• dian74 Profile Picture
    dian74 63 on at
    I wrote an article on how to do this: https://d365goddess.com/power-virtual-agent-power-automate/
  • MarKol Profile Picture
    MarKol on at

Hi Josh,

There are several common reasons why you would not see a flow in Action picker in Power VA.

• Bots can only invoke flows that have HTTP Request interfaces, so you need to select the right trigger for your flow. Make sure to use When Http Request is received trigger, as t is shown in the template.
      •  Make sure you are using the POST method under advanced options in the HTTP Request trigger (or leave the method field empty, which is how it is by default).

• You need to use variable types supported by Power Virtual Agents in your flow. The supported variable types in Virtual Agents that can be used with flows are: 
      • String
      • Number
      • Boolean 

Note that Arrays (Lists) are currently not supported in Power Virtual Agents. If unsupported variables types like Arrays (Lists) are used in a flow,it will not show up in Action picker.

• If a flow has a malformed Request or Response JSON Shema or Body, Power Virtual Agents will not be able to recognize as valid and this flow will not show up in the flow picker in Action node. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics