Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

I don't see "Open in Bot Framework" when in any of my 4 bots on the topic page in PVA

Posted on by 293

I've been following through this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-bot-framework-composer?WT.mc_id=AZ-MVP-5003365#composer-features-not-supported-with-power-virtual-agents and I wanted to test accessing Bot Framework Composer from within Power Virtual Agents.

1. I have 4 bots, and have tested with them all - I have composer (1.3) installed on my machine. Closed or open made no diference.
  2. I go to the topics tab for any of the bots
  3. in the screenshot in the documentation, it shows "Open in Bot Framework (preview) across from "suggest topics"
  4. I do not have Open in Bot Framework (Preview)

Is there something I need to do for this to show up for me?No Bot Framework.jpg

Categories:
  • Louisa Profile Picture
    Louisa 4 on at
    Re: I don't see "Open in Bot Framework" when in any of my 4 bots on the topic page in PVA

Hi,

I'm new in PVA and need to use bot framework composer.
    I even installed bot framework composer on my machine (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/composer/install-composer?tabs=linux) but it still doesn't appear in Power Virtual Agents.

I have the trial version of PVA.
    When i log in it tells me that bot framework composer has been moved in the new topic menu (I'm from France)

1.png

But when I click on the menu "Bot framework composer" doesn't appear. I just can create a new topic from zero.

2.png

What to do ?

• Anand_Kumar_M Profile Picture
    Anand_Kumar_M 5 on at
    Re: I don't see "Open in Bot Framework" when in any of my 4 bots on the topic page in PVA

Thank you @MarKol .

• MarKol Profile Picture
    MarKol on at

"Open in Bot Framework" option is now under "+ New topic" dropdown menu:

MarKol_0-1620659883756.png

• Anand_Kumar_M Profile Picture
    Anand_Kumar_M 5 on at

Hi , 

I am new to Building Bot's and I was trying to use 'Open in Bot Framework Composer' in PVA portal and all of a sudden I don't the option now.  Then I tried creating another new Trial (Subscription-based) environment and even here I didn't find the option. Anand_Kumar_M_0-1620658079238.png

Can any one help me pasting the "COPY Link"  url of Bot Framework Composer from your instances so that I can try changing the values in parameters and check if its loads my Composer.

Or 

Any other solution/suggestion how to get the option.

-

• DS2 Profile Picture
    DS2 293 on at

@MarKol - awesome, fixed for me in our test tenant trial! Thank you so much.

• Jcook Profile Picture
    Jcook 7,765 on at

@MarKol 

Fixed for me, using a trial 👍

• Verified answer
    MarKol Profile Picture
    MarKol on at
    I don't see "Open in Bot Framework" when in any of my 4 bots on the topic page in PVA

The PVA team made some updates to fix this issue.

Can you please check if you can see the "Open in Bot Framework" button in your PVA now?

You should see it on the portal if you have full Prod or full Trial license. Thanks for flagging the issue and letting us know ASAP!

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @DS2 ,

Can you check if you can see this button now?

Microsoft published some updates about it.

• DS2 Profile Picture
    DS2 293 on at

Sure thing @MarKol 

Prod is a Canadian environment

Our test tenant is US

• Re: I don't see "Open in Bot Framework" when in any of my 4 bots on the topic page in PVA

Understood. Apologies for the inconvenience. We have a couple of incidents opened against this and the engineering team is working on deploying the fix asap.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard