Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

Calling the Graph API to do a document search in PVA

Posted on by

In the below example, I'm going to show how to do a document search on documents stored in a specific SharePoint site, from a Power Virtual Agents chatbot, using Power Automate and the Microsoft Graph API.

Here's the end result (using the new native chatbot component in Power Apps ✨😞

HenryJammes_0-1680916387986.png

• JuliL Profile Picture
    JuliL 36 on at
    Re: Calling the Graph API to do a document search in PVA

Thank you @HenryJammes ! I was successful until "Parse Json" the output is fine, my problem is after that. I tried calling rank for example but it shows null even though it shows a value in Parse Json, so my problem is when I try to extract the information from the json. I am working with Sharepoint Lists.

Output from Parse Json

julilis_0-1707874246821.png

Value output - [

@{outputs('Parse_JSON')?['body']?['value']

]

julilis_1-1707874285303.png

Do you have any idea of what is going on?

Thanks,

Juli

• Lefty Profile Picture
    Lefty 1,621 on at

Hi @HenryJammes 

Do you know if i can search for a keyword inside documents, inside a SharePoint document library, and provide the number of occurrences the searched word appears in each document? 

• CydmanSG Profile Picture
    CydmanSG 10 on at

Thanks for answer my post here and I am able to get the document from SharePoint. But the solution are not based like what HenryJammes posted here. thank you team

• Re: Calling the Graph API to do a document search in PVA

Hello @HenryJammes, thanks a lot for your tutorial. I implemented it but the graph api always returns 0 results after searching. I do have doucments in my sharepoint. I would like to know if i have to create a specific sharepoint site or just put documents in my sharepoint no matter what site is.  

• remidyon Profile Picture
    remidyon on at

Nope. Sharepoint & OneDrive both require authentication 

• wswitzerLM Profile Picture
    wswitzerLM 8 on at

Is there any way to use sharepoint or OneDrive document content for a public facing bot where authentication isn't based on a the signed-in user?

CydmanSG 10 on at

Hi @HenryJammes thank you for your message. That's the first thing I did before trying your solution here. It didn't give me the correct document and link, sometimes it gave multiple results but the same documents.

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

I'm not sure what is wrong with your cloud flow, but I guess you have an error in there.

In any case, why not use Generative Answers in Copilot Studio, as it has a SharePoint data source? 

Generative answers - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

Use content on SharePoint or OneDrive for Business for generative answers - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

CydmanSG 10 on at

Hi @HenryJammes 

Thank you for this guide, I am looking for this kind of concept and I tried to mimic your configuration here but for some reason I have this error. It says, "Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: Flow client error returned with status code "BadRequest" and details "{"error":{"code":"InvalidFlow","message":"The template validation failed: 'The repetition action(s) 'Apply_to_each:_hitsContainer' referenced by 'inputs' in action 'Append_to_string_variable' are not defined in the template.'."}}". Code: 0x80060467 InnerError: '."

I am new users of PVA with Power Automate. My goal is to search a document to my Sharepoint Site when a user key in a key word to my bot. Hope you can give your inputs where to check this error. Thank you very much.

CydmanSG_0-1700757701110.png

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @SCP-Tobs 

Yes. During preview Generative Answers is only available in the US region. 

For full document indexing / searching, I would suggest to have a look at Azure Cognitive Search and Azure OpenAI on your data. 

This thread is about integrating them in a custom way in PVA: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Integrations/Integrate-a-PVA-chatbot-with-Azure-OpenAI-using-your-data-TBD/td-p/2233900

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics