Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate Desktop
Unanswered

All UI element in window has been changed by itself

Posted on by 4
Hi

I have been working on an automation flow, and it has been working for several months. But yesterday the flow is having trouble about UI windows not working.
After update new ui element selector has been changed.

I don't know what happen.

Before 
 > document[Class="Chrome_RenderWidgetHostHWND"] > group > group > group > group > group > group > group:eq(1)

After, New selector
 > pane[Class="BrowserRootView"] > pane[Class="NonClientView"] > pane[Class="BrowserFrameViewWin"] > pane[Class="BrowserView"] > pane[Class="View"] > document[Id="RootWebArea"] > group[Class="buttonDropdown"]

Categories:
  • CU23070630-3 Profile Picture
    CU23070630-3 16 on at
    Hi,
    I had the same problem. What saved me was the old version of PDA on one of my PCs, but...

TODAY a new version appeared (2.47.119.24249), and it reverted to the old UI elements.
    What was funny in the previous version was that when I selected the same UI element, I got different results...

• Suggested answer
    eetuRobo Profile Picture
    eetuRobo 1,801 on at
    That's normal when website or application have an update. Sometimes their UI elements also change. Even sometimes when the update does not change anything visually the elements have changed in the code. 

So I recommend making the selector as simple as possible. So what I do is I have regular selector with more elements/attributes

And then I have a "Simple selector" that works with the least amount of elements/attributes toggled on. So in my example just the "input[Title = User]"

This way if the more complex selector fails it still might work with the simple selector (it tries the next selector if first one fails so in this case if Default Selector fails it tries with Simple Selector). With more simple selector you of course have to make sure that it still finds only one and not several elements. So make sure to test it.

And also use the Image As Fallback function which was introduced in the summer. That way even if the UI element is not found PAD will find the element by image (as long as it hasn't changed visually at all). 

• Suggested answer
    CU13090108-0 Profile Picture
    CU13090108-0 5 on at

Hi! I also experienced the same issue you posted about.
    The Windows UI suddenly changed, so I adjusted to the new one and used it for a few days.
    But on September 12th, it suddenly reverted back to the old version, even though I didn't do anything special.

I hope you were able to resolve it well too.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard