Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

How to create more flows for an existing bot?

Posted on by 297

Hello,

I am currently working on a bot within Power Virtual Agents.  At the moment I have 16 flows connecting to the same SharePoint list.  In my attempt creating a 17th flow connecting to the same list, I received the following message:

kensley_0-1615223657800.png

How can I bypass this limitation and continue adding more flows for my custom bot?

I did some research and found the following article by Microsoft on the limitation :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/create-connection-reference

But I need a visual description of creating a new connection reference for my bot...what does that visually mean in my case?

• AdobeMax Profile Picture
    AdobeMax 2 on at
    Re: How to create more flows for an existing bot?

Seeing the same issue (infinite loading), and I cannot find/login to Power Virtual Agents desktop app. Is there any other solution to this?

• kensley Profile Picture
    kensley 297 on at

I'm on to to something.  The issue only occurs if you attempt to create a new connection from within Power Virtual Agents within Microsoft Teams. If I click for a new connection in Power Virtual Agent' standalone app, it allows me to setup a new connection. 

Has this already been reported?

kensley 297 on at

I wish I could move on with this as you guys are making it super clear on things.  But I can't.  I do have access to Power Automate, but when I click the link to add a new connection within Power Virtual Agents, a browser window opens and puts me into a loop of the following page. I have to believe I am not the only person who has ever experienced this.  I even tried to closing all my browsers, but that didn't matter.  This page always pops up this way...

kensley_0-1615232497104.png

kensley 297 on at

Sorry for asking another question.  You guys are great!  But when I need to connect to my existing Connector, is that the name of my flow?  or should that be Microsoft Teams? sense I'm using Power Virtual Agent inside of it?

Many thanks

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @kensley ,

I saw the same issue today. I solved it by closing all browsers and opening it again.

In theory, you can use the same permissions that you have in another connection that you are using now.

• Jcook Profile Picture
    Jcook 7,765 on at

@kensley  inside flow, click the 3 dots on the action and click create new connection. Anyone that has access to Power Automate can create connections

kensley 297 on at

Thanks.  Last question, what special permissions does one need to create a new connection reference?  When I attempt to do so by signing in, it returns a white browser screen that never stops loading.

• Verified answer
    Jcook Profile Picture
    Jcook 7,765 on at

Hi @kensley 

adding to @renatoromao point.

Connections can only be used for 16 flows at one time. All you need to do is create a new connection for SharePoint.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @kensley ,

Go to your SharePoint action inside your workflow >> "..." >> Add a new connection. Also, change all connections inside this flow to use this new connection.

This change will help you to save it.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard