Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

PVA Bot list lookup

Posted on by

Good afternoon. Hoping someone can help with this one.

I have recently created with the assistance of a well respected member on here, a condition for a PVA Bot. It was for when a user types in a 5 digit or above code, it gives one response; a 4 digit response or below to give another response. However, for the 5 digit or above, I need to specify certain numbers for the BOT to say that the number is supported. For example, if a user puts in 20198 which is a supported code, the BOT will say this is supported by us, but if a user puts one that isnt on the list, for example 13344, it till say something along the lines of ' This isnt a code I recognise, could you please try again'. Basically, I want to know how to set up a list that has numbers we support, for when a user types this in, they can be told that it is supported and any other 5 digit number that isnt on this list, to be given the response of ' This isnt a code I recognise, could you please try again'.

Would appreciate any help at all with this one. Thank you 😀

• Zap174 Profile Picture
    Zap174 155 on at
    Re: PVA Bot list lookup

Hello! Is there a way to do a lookup/validation without using Power Automate? We are trying to lookup invoice numbers from user input but don't want to create a flow for each step we want to perform validation on if it can be helped. Thanks!

• Re: PVA Bot list lookup

Hi @renatoromao 

Just wondering, did you see the above reply? 😀

Thanks,

Kieran

Hi @renatoromao 

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. Yes I tested it out this morning with my numbers amd some of the numbers that we support so I can see how that will work. 

Yes so, what I need is as follows (although I think one of the links you have put in explains this but I will type it anyway just for you to confirm this.

A user will asks about a certain ORG Code which the PVA picks up from a trigger phrase (ORG Code is one of the trigger phrases) it then confirms with the user this is what they are talking about to which the user confirms 'Yes'. The PVA then asks the user to confirm their number. If the user puts in a 5 digit number that is one of our codes (pulled through from the list on Excel) it will tell the user that it is one of our supported codes. However, if the user puts in a 5 digit code that is not on the spreadsheet, the user will then be told by the PVA that it is as number that is not recognised and they will have to confirm it. The other option is if the user puts in a 4 digit code that is supported by Emis web, they will then be told to contact them direct, again this number needs to be pulled through from a spreadsheet with all Emis Web's codes and again if a number is put in that is not being pulled in from the spreadsheet, the user will be told by the PVA that this is not recognised and they will need to reinput the number. 

I hope this makes sense! Thanks Rom, speak shortly 😀

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

hi @Anonymous ,

1. Is the workflow working for you? (returning the code, validation, and etc)

1.a. If no, tell me what do you need.

1.b If yes, do you want to show the characters count AND the result that I made in my workflow? ("5 characters" and "found code")

1.b.1 If yes, you need to add an expression to count the response AND add another output within your Power Automate to your PVA
    Reference guide for functions in expressions - Azure Logic Apps | Microsoft Docs

Solved: Flow to count the amount of times a certain value ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Hi @renatoromao 

I have looked and I understand the concept of how it works. However, I am struggling to find where to put it in between my current set up I have. I have it set up so when a user types in a number of 5 or more it gives one response, 4 or less another. Just need to figure out where I include the workflow that is pulls the list from keeping it linked to the set up I already have for the above. Please see below where I am referring too:-

q2.PNGQ1.PNG

Apologies for the delay. But reach out to me if this doesnt make sense. Thank you for looking at it for me.

Kieran😀

Hi @renatoromao 

Hi Rom.

This logically looks like its going to work based on what I have said. I am going to implement this on Monday as I havent had the capacity today, I will let you know the outcome Monday AM and mark this as a solution if it works, sorry about the time its taken for me to confirm, been a busy week in work!

Kieran

Hi @renatoromao 

I have just got back at my screen today so will take a look and will take a look at this and incorporate it into my work at some point today and get back to you ASAP.

Really appreciate you doing this, will get back to you shortly 😀

renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

Is it working for you?

renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can see the video here (the quality it is better when you download the video): https://mtacbrasil-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/renato_romao_mtac_org_br/EVwNAcCkV29FsZ8PtLN1jfEBDHkokqPeiJRxlW1c7IcFgg?e=dnyqdc 

@RO Hi Rom.

I really appreciate that thank so you much, hope that isnt too much of a burden for you.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Kieran😀

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard