Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

Topics vs Ai Generative answer

Posted on by 2

Can I ask my chatbot to go to "Ai Generative" instead of a topic.
There are some phrases which are common, but I want the bot to fetch data from "AI Generative" then if the user want the bot can go to the topic.
Is it possible and how if possible.
I am quite new to this technology, please explain in detail.
Thanks

• Audrie101 Profile Picture
    Audrie101 on at
    Re: Topics vs Ai Generative answer

If you are considering the Conversational Boosting topic as the only way you can generate answers, perhaps that's why you want to go there first. However, it is intended for 'unknown intent' meaning where you have not defined a topic or a plugin model description. 

On the other hand, you can have a topic that uses a Generative answers node after you have done some preliminary user prompting or questioning. Given you can add a Generative answers node within the topic, is there a particular reason why you want to redirect to Conversational Boosting?

Reference:
    Generative answers with Search and summarize - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

• muhammadffs Profile Picture
    muhammadffs 2 on at

Thank you for reply.

My question is how I can force the chatbot to go to conversational boosting before going to the topic. for instance, I have a topic bank where someone can check his bank account number, Iban etc., like fetching data from database. on the other hand, there is some information regarding bank account, like how to update bank account etc. these are two different scenarios.

how to tackle this issue.

Maybe someone wants to go to user guide the other might want to check his information in data base. this is point, I don't know how to figure it out because phrases are some.

• Audrie101 Profile Picture
    Audrie101 on at

When you enable Generative (preview) in the settings:

AudrieMSFT_0-1716928495315.png

...this will result in a new system topic called "Conversational boosting" (nothing else you have to do after the above step). 

AudrieMSFT_1-1716928570341.png

The Conversational boosting topic is triggered "On unknown intent" - or in other words, when no other model description, or topic phase applies. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics