Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Collecting and summarising answers from a copilot

Posted on by 6

I have created a copilot that collects information from users for a qualitative research project. I'd now like to analyse all the answers (variables) together and use an AI plugin to summarise the content in either word or in an app. I'm now sure how to connect the copilot data and run the AI summary. How do I do this? 

Categories:
  • richie1moore Profile Picture
    richie1moore 6 on at
    Re: Collecting and summarising answers from a copilot

Thanks will give this a try. 

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Not sure what "real time" means in this context. If you need to summarize responses or extract other insights post-conversation, you could access the transcripts Dataverse table and use an LLM (e.g. Azure OpenAI) to process the data. 

• OOO1337777 Profile Picture
    OOO1337777 35 on at

It somehow works... in the `Custom Data` property, add a table of records such as 

[ { Content : "blabla my data" } ]

in the `Input` property, add a search term query (not question...) which is sure to hit this data. And finally, in the `Custom Instructions` property, tell how you want this custom data to be summarized.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-copilot-studio/nlu-generative-answers-custom-data

richie1moore 6 on at

This is worth exploring when sharing content with the user. Do you mean export variables to create custom data then inject back into generative answers later in the conversation to summarise?

richie1moore 6 on at

This would be outside the scope of the co-pilot. So in real time our team could access a summary of all the answers provided from interactions with the copilot.

• OOO1337777 Profile Picture
    OOO1337777 35 on at

What the OP user means is that there is an undocumented confusion as to what the "Generative Answers" node do.  You should perhaps rename it to "Search then Generate AI answers from the Search results" node. So it is not really a ChatGPT-like chat completion API as the OP user is expecting, it is used to search. Perhaps OP user can use the Custom Data property of the Generative Answers node to firstly inject the content that OP user wants to summarize, but I haven't tried this myself.

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Do you need the summary to be "served" to users as part of the chat experience? Or is this outside the scope of the copilot?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard