Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

Azure copilot generative answer with OpenAI not returning answers

Posted on by 19

We have followed a guide to create an open ai here which works perfectly in the deployment studio chat playground (when chatting with it directly, having linked it up with AI search). The problem is if I try to deploy it to a CoPilot, then the generative answer topic is never made. Additionally, manually adding it and linking it with the created OpenAI resource returns fully blank responses. I have filled in the model data relating to the index with all the fields that are requested. In addition, if I try to view the connection in power apps I enter a forever loading window, which will never complete. Does anyone know of any potential causes of this? Thanks!

• zhengtzerlee Profile Picture
    zhengtzerlee 28 on at
    Azure copilot generative answer with OpenAI not returning answers
    Hi,

same issue here, is the problem resolved? mind sharing the solution?

Besides,
    1. API version we follow whats on the chat playground. correct?

2. regard max token, temperature and Top P, we could leave it blank, correct?

tyty
  • Boris75 Profile Picture
    Boris75 2 on at
    Re: Azure copilot generative answer with OpenAI not returning answers

ton problème viens du faites que tu défini tes paramètres en string et pas en nombre.

cf capture d'ecran

Boris75_0-1714398996843.png

• JotaXenixES Profile Picture
    JotaXenixES 12 on at

Hi, I also confirm this solution.

I was also in the same situation and the problem was the API version. When I set up the connection to OpenAI with the version '2023-06-01-preview', it started to respond correctly.

Additionally, I have tried configuring with all the version numbers that appear in Microsoft's documentation (Azure OpenAI Service REST API reference - Azure OpenAI | Microsoft Learn), starting from the most recent and going backwards. The first and only one that worked was '2023-06-01-preview'.

JotaXenixES_1-1712847636638.png

Thank you very much!

• Craigy101 Profile Picture
    Craigy101 7 on at

I have the exact same issue, when exporting to copilot studio the generative answers is switched off by default and not connected. However I am able to see under a generative answers unit the new Azure OpenAI connection. When manually entering the details of the deployment and data, it does not work. Have tried all api versions and even different model deployments. Plz help.

When I inspect the page, I am seeing that I get 

Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 7.42.57 pm.png

• giulio_r Profile Picture
    giulio_r 10 on at

@WilliamD2000  you were right!! The api version made the difference!

I'm now using the semantic query type with api version 2023-06-01-preview and it works.

Thank you very much

@MOZa 

• WilliamD2000 Profile Picture
    WilliamD2000 19 on at

@giulio_r @MOZa I would 100% recommend trying query type simple and api version 2023-06-01-preview in the copilot, that was another thing that stopped mine from working

giulio_r 10 on at

Yes, I'm deploying in West Europe...for sure, we will keep in touch on any updates.

Thanks @MOZa and @WilliamD2000 

• MOZa Profile Picture
    MOZa 10 on at

@giulio_r I’m experiencing the same issue with the connection in Power Apps. When I click on it, it just keeps loading and I don’t see anything. Did you deploy the Azure OpenAI service in the Europe region or any region other than the US? I read somewhere that it might not be fully available in all regions yet. Anyway, I’m encountering the exact same issue you described. I’ll keep you updated if I come across anything that might help. Would you mind letting me know if you find a solution? Thanks

@WilliamD2000  Thanks again for your answer.

giulio_r 10 on at

I'm using 'semantic' query type and '2023-08-01-preview' as api version, the same that I use in openai studio and curl...and yes the content, and in my case also vector-data, fields have been added cliecking the +. I checked all fields multiple times and tried various combinations with no success.

Don't know if it can means anything but the connection in Power Apps is something like a black box...when I try to look at its details I can only see an endless loader.

I tried removing the condition you talk about, and also tried to use the full GPT response instead of the text only, but every field of the record seems to be empty

• WilliamD2000 Profile Picture
    WilliamD2000 19 on at

@MOZa did you also fill in the semantic search section along with query type? I recall those and the API version for me broke everything too (I use query type simple and api version 2023-06-01-preview). Other than that, I can only really recommend making absolute sure that everything is mapped 100% correctly (including clicking the + by adding the content data fields), that the topic is correctly invoked, and an answer is either outputted from the actual call node itself or the answer is passed to a variable. As for troubleshooting the actual api call to OpenAI, I can only recommend checking in the power apps connection (but this never loaded for me). I found it helpful to remove the condition if the response is blank and force the output from OpenAI as well, just to be sure that the node was correctly being invoked @giulio_r 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard