Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

SharePoint chatbot integration - the hyperlink references download the file instead of opening it in a browser

Posted on by 52

Hello, I've been working with the SharePoint integration in the AI chatbots and it is pretty cool. I've run into a couple of issues with it though, one of them is around the reference links in the response. It's great that it provides them, but when a user clicks the link, it downloads the file from SharePoint instead of opening it in the web app.

I know from working with SharePoint in the past that you can add ?&web=1 to a file URL in SharePoint to force it to open in the web app. However, I can't modify how the chatbot provides its reference links, so that doesn't do me much good... does Microsoft plan to adjust this in the future? It would be really great if the links opened in the browser. Perhaps if there were logic where it checked the source URL for the response and just appended that automatically?

• cpayton Profile Picture
    cpayton 52 on at
    Re: SharePoint chatbot integration - the hyperlink references download the file instead of opening it in a browser

@remidyon Have you tried it with a Word doc? I think that might be the difference, Office files don't open via their direct path in the browser - if you visit that path it'll just download. 

• Mirega Profile Picture
    Mirega on at
    Re: SharePoint chatbot integration - the hyperlink references download the file instead of opening it in a browser

Hello @cpayton ,

We just shared this with our product team, thanks for the idea.

Can you take a look at this solution from @henryjames Solved: Re: Citations / references not showing in the chat... - Page 2 - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

• remidyon Profile Picture
    remidyon on at

Hi @cpayton If I use Sharepoint as a data source for the generative answers it gives me a link to the PDF used to answer my question.

remidyon_0-1702493813694.png

If I click on it, it opens that PDF in my web browser (I use Edge). Maybe the download of the document depends on your web browser configuration?

remidyon_1-1702493836024.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard