Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

Slot filling with custom regular expression entity

Posted on by

Hi,

I created a custom regular expression entity "Incident ID" to extract incident tracking numbers:

(?i)INC[0-9]{1,6}

My bot question "Please enter incident ID"  for extracting the ID recognizes the input, but I don't get the (proactive) slot filling working:

If I enter a trigger phrase like "incident status INC123", the related topic is started, but the question for getting the incident ID is not skipped.

Is the slot filling is only working for custom list entities, but not for regex?

Best regards

Stefan

Categories:
  • gregmarbais Profile Picture
    gregmarbais 108 on at
    Re: Slot filling with custom regular expression entity

Hey Stefan, I don't think any entity recognition is happening even with closed list entities right now. There's a feature idea to allow entity recognition in trigger phrases that you may want to vote on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Virtual-Agents-Ideas/tag-entities-in-trigger-phrases/idi-p/526815

I'm in the same spot as you. I have a manufacturer part number that customers will often enter in the chat ("I want to order part XYZ-123") and the bot will trigger the order parts topic then ask what part number they are looking for when it was in the trigger phrase.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard

Featured topics