Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Answered

Moving Nodes In Design Canvas

Posted on by 77

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but is there a way to move nodes in the design canvas?

For instance you create a condition and later realize the flow in that branch belongs to another branch.  Is there a way to just drag and connect it to the appropriate branch?

Thanks much! 

• MattJimison Profile Picture
    MattJimison 488 on at
    Re: Moving Nodes In Design Canvas

Dragging nodes doesn’t work in the unified canvas but it sounds like you are using the current production PVA model which does. You can accomplish what you want by clicking on the node above the action you want to move to select the connection between it and its current parent and hitting delete on your keyboard. This orphans it and puts it on the side. At that point go to where you want it to appear, click the + then click on the small node that appears and drag that over to the orphaned section. (Note: you could also do these steps in reverse and sever the old path node after you connect to the new one) The layout of the topic will adjust after the connections are updated. 

Please let me know if that works or you’d like a quick video walkthrough.

Find this post helpful? Please mark it as the solution and/or provide kudos so that it will help others in the future.

Cheers,
    Matt

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

The new unified authoring canvas isn’t available for PVA bots created in Dataverse for Teams, yet. 

• Garry Pope Profile Picture
    Garry Pope 14 on at

@HenryJammes thanks for sharing this. Is this feature available for Chatbots created in Dataverse for Teams please? 

When I create a chatbot I get a pop up saying “Create a chatbot”. Behind the pop up I see what you mentioned above, but no way to select it.

Thanks.  

• Verified answer
    HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @Nicer_Atl!

You can see the new unified authoring canvas only for the chatbots that have been created in that preview version.
    From https://web.powerva.microsoft.com/, when you create a new chatbot, you can create them in the unified authoring canvas.

HenryJammes_1-1668419182475.png

You can also create a copy of an existing chatbot in the new unified authoring canvas. When you're on an existing chatbot, click the "Try the preview" link and it will offer a way to create a copy of your chatbot.

HenryJammes_0-1668419154281.png

• Nicer_Atl Profile Picture
    Nicer_Atl 77 on at

Hi, could you please advise where to find the unified authoring canvas?  Saw a popup about it when opening the canvas recently but don't notice a difference.... 

Nicer_Atl 77 on at

@HenryJammes thanks for the response!

In the current iteration, it does seem to allow you to "drag" a node point from where it is, but it goes somewhere else in the flow that you can't seem to control.... 

I suppose since November is not far away this may be a moot point.  Thanks.

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

I don't think this is possible in the current authoring canvas.
    On November 10th, we're releasing the public preview of the new unified authoring canvas. It will support cut/copy/paste actions.

Nicer_Atl 77 on at

Guess this was too much of a rookie question or no one knows?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,997

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics