Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

PVA in MS Teams - Can everyone see the chats?

Posted on by

Hey there,

I am creating a small bot for Teams where a user can enter a ticket number and the bot will return the status, last modified date and last comment.

In Teams seeing this needs to be connected to a channel, is everyone who goes to the channel going to be able to see everyone elses chat requests to the bot, more importantly will they see the replies..i.e. comments back in tickets.

This is a show stopper when it comes to HR tickets or tickets in our system from supervisors and the like.

I am just unclear about how this looks in Teams when it is published, currently it is all in testing.

Thank you.

• tamdva21 Profile Picture
    tamdva21 5 on at
    Re: PVA in MS Teams - Can everyone see the chats?

Hello! It seems now things are changed:

Depending on which scopes are declared, your bot can receive messages in the following contexts:

• personal chat Users can interact in a private conversation with a bot by selecting the added bot in the chat history, or typing its name or app ID in the To: box on a new chat.
    • Channels A bot can be mentioned ("@botname") in a channel if it has been added to the team. Note that additional replies to a bot in a channel require mentioning the bot. It will not respond to replies where it isn't mentioned.
  • Re: PVA in MS Teams - Can everyone see the chats?

Love it, thanks for that.  Keep an eye out for me as I have a list of things to tackle now this is clear and it's all 100% new (and I am oooold) so may need some guidance 

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

No problem, count on me if you need anything else ! 😉

gotcha, thank you for your patience with your replies.

😄

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,762 on at

@Anonymous ,

No, if you publish for:

- Your Team: This is a PERSONAL conversation, but only your team members and owners will be able to have a conversation with your bot.

- Your Organization: This is a PERSONAL conversation, but everyone in your organization (members and owners of ALL TEAMS) will be able to have a conversation with your bot.

So reading that, if you publish to a team, everyone can use it.  If you publish to an org it is personal to the user only.

ah that is perfect.  When I mentioned this and showed a simple gif of what I have done, arms went up in the air about privacy and noisey channels.   This is exactly the end result I was hoping for.

renatoromao 6,762 on at

@Anonymous ,

You can share your bot across your organization and everyone will be able to use the same bot. The conversation is UNIQUE per user because the bot is only for Personal chats.

If you want to share the same bot for everyone:

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

If I want a company wide bot though, i.e. something anyone can use to get incident information from our service desk that would mean the whole company is the team and then everyone can see?  Or am I missing the point with the private conversation side of things.

renatoromao 6,762 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

No worries, the PVA for Teams bot is totally different.

The interaction with the end-user is directly in the Teams app as a chat with bot, it is not shared with everyone in the team.

Basically, when we are publishing a bot to a specific team, everyone inside that team will be able to talk with your bot. 

Publish your chatbot with the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

*Currently only the Personal scope is supported for Microsoft Teams, so users can only have a private conversation with the bot.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard