Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

If condition for amount of numbers

Posted on by

Hello. Wondering if anybody can help with this. I have created a BOT, but I am struggling with an IF condition. I have created the bot on the non coding side. I basically want the BOT to give two different responses to what a user inputs. The user will be asked to confirm a number. If this number is 5 characters or above, the user will be advised one thing and if the user inputs a number using 4 characters or below, they will be advised another scenario by the BOT. Just cant seem to be able to set a condition for this, only giving me the option to set a word as a condition.

Would appreciate if somebody could provide some feedback on how to do this 😀

• Verified answer
    Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 29,370 on at
    Re: If condition for amount of numbers

Hi @Anonymous,

Great to hear that it worked! 😃 Happy to help.

Regarding your new question about matching codes in a list, yes that would be possible. I would add more logic to the flow to support that requirement.

But maybe it is better to open up a new thread. This way we can help you separately with that new question. Saves other people going through the different pages of this conversation thread 😁

• Re: If condition for amount of numbers

Ah @Expiscornovus  so sorry I must have jumped the gun and typed it all out instead of waiting for the drop down to come. Thats worked. I can now tweek this with certain responses and additonal conditions to certain codes, as I want it to recognise a code that is supported, dont want it to just accept any 5 digit code. Could I just have a list of the ORG codes with 5 digits and have it pull that through and recognise when one of them is being put in, same with the 4 digit codes?

I think apart from me tweaking that, unless you have any suggestions of how I can do that, I am very happy with this solution and really appreciate your time in helping me sort this honestly, its really helped me out in my new role! Very pleased 😁

Kieran

• Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Hi @Anonymous,

I had a look again at the screenshot of your confirm question. It looks like you typed the NumberVar instead of selecting it from the menu. It doesn't have the gray formatting like in my screenshots.

grayformatting.png

Can you select it from the menu?

canyouselectthevariable.png

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Thank you for that, I think its all set for that as the expression feield in Compose 1 reads 

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), '4', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), '5''6 characters or more'))

Compose 2 has InputNumber set with:- 

{
        "inputs""@triggerBody()['text']"
    }

Return Value has CharacterCount with Outputs set as 'Compose' . However, its still coming up with the message 'To connect with a person now, click on the following link: <link>. Not sure why its doing this if all the above is set and is correct? When I confirm a 4 or 5 digit number, its just getting stuck on the Action where its stating the Power Automate input, just doesnt seem to be getting further than that. See below:-

Input.PNG

Also, below is the code for the output, just incase there is an error in there, but I cannot see one?

{
        "kind""VirtualAgent",
        "inputs": {
            "statusCode"200,
            "body": {
                "charactercount""@{outputs('Compose')}"
            },
            "schema": {
                "type""object",
                "properties": {
                    "charactercount": {
                        "title""CharacterCount",
                        "x-ms-dynamically-added"true,
                        "type""string"
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }

I am thinking its a simple mistake, but just not sure why its getting stuck at the bit when everything else is set?🤔

Thanks for this Dennis, this has been a over a couple of days and really grateful for you sticking with me to see it out.

Kieran

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for updating the flow.

The value for the CharacterCount field in the Return value(s) to Power Virtual Agents should be the Outputs field from the Compose action with the expression.

So, what you currently have in your screenshot looks ok already  🙂

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Sorry I thought I updated that, obvuously not! I have updated it now and that expression has been updated. However, on the compose for the output, just want you to check something if thats OK?

Output Compose.PNG

Should I be inputting the if statement that is in the first compose into the Output?😀

Thanks Dennis 

Kieran

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for checking the trigger phrases in the escalate topic.

I just noticed in the screenshot of your previous reply that the expression in the Power Virtual Agents Template flow is still using the EMIS text instead of the numbers.

If you are using CharacterCount is equals to 4 logic you also have to make sure that in the output of your flow it is sending that same number and not the EMIS text. Otherwise the condition action in the topic can't match it and it will always go the all other conditions branch.

Can you make sure that you are using this in the compose action:

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), '4', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), '5', '6 characters or more'))

I would also add a message action under the All other conditions. 

Hi @Expiscornovus 

I have checked my trigger responses on the escalate topic, but its just the preset ones that teams has given, so not sure why its doing it, I havent set any numbers as trigger phrases elsewhere now, so puzzled as to why its doing it 😶 Would you agree everything that I have shown you looks fine, or do you think there could be something else causing this now that I may have missed?

Thank you for you help so far again!

Kieran😀

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that the response of the bot is 'To connect with a person now, click on the following link'. That looks a lot like a response from the Escalate topic.

Are you by any chance using the '20198' text as a trigger phrase in the Escalate topic in the same bot?

Hi @Expiscornovus 

Thank you, I have changed this now to just have trigger phrases such as 'Emis' and 'CDB Code' etc. However, it is still getting stuck in the middle:-

Stuck.PNG

My compose inputs look like this:-

Compose1.PNG

The if's stated for each one are:-

Compose - 

if(lessorequals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 4), 'This appears to be an Emis CDB Org code support by Emis help. Please contact them directly.', if(equals(length(triggerBody()['text']), 5), 'This looks like one of our community codes''6 characters or more'))

Compose 2 - Peek Code reads 
    {
        "inputs""@triggerBody()['text']"
    }

Can you spot why it can be still causing it even after this? Thanks for your help Dennis, sorry I am dragging this out and if it is painful for you!

Kieran😁

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard