Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

"Website cannot end with file extension" error when connecting SharePoint site to knowledge

Posted on by 6
Hi there,

I have been facing the issue of not being able to link certain SharePoint sites to my Copilot Studio Chatbot's knowledge. This is the error message that always pops up:
If I delete the ".aspx?" I am able to connect the site to the bots knowledge.
Unfortunately, when checking the link in the knowledge tab, it does not open the desired SharePoint site.

Is there a workaround for this? Because I don't want the bot to handle a huge database, but instead access the deposited files directly.

I am also aware of the rule, that not more than two branches are allowed when linking a SharePoint site to my Copilot. I just used this longer link for demonstration purposes.
  • Suggested answer
    Vinoth Selvam Profile Picture
    Vinoth Selvam 497 on at
    "Website cannot end with file extension" error when connecting SharePoint site to knowledge
    Hello,

There were some updates in las couple of months in Copilot studio.

As suggested below, removing the extension .aspx part must work properly now.

Thanks.
  • Suggested answer
    TheOyinbooke Profile Picture
    TheOyinbooke 15 on at
    I had this same issue today but finally got it resolved.
    Step 1: Go to the Document library where your files are.
    Step 2: Right click on the folder and click on the "Copy link" option
    Step 3: Paste the copied link in the SharePoint URL in Microsoft Copilot Studio (remove every other thing after the question mark "?" towards the end of the URL. Including the question mark too.
    Step 4: Save it

Voila, it worked
  • SM-10061008-0 Profile Picture
    SM-10061008-0 6 on at
    Thank you for the tip.

However, when removing the Forms/Allitems part, the bot not only has access to the files in the folder I want it to access, but can see the whole folder one layer above.

I will try again by rearranging my folder structure.

Other than that the link now works!
  • Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 30,265 on at
    Hi,

Can you remove the Forms/AllItems.aspx part? That points to the view of your Skills Library.

Try it without that part of the url. Without that part it should still be able to load your library and its default view.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard