Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

How do you provide more than one piece of information in actions like post to teams or send email

Posted on by

I am just learning how to use Copilot Studio and am building out a topic. The general idea is that a user has an issue, and they will use the copilot to report an issue. I have collected information from the user, and I now need that information to be put into an email or a Teams post, but it seems like Copilot Studio so far is build to handle single strings without ridiculous concatenations. I assume I'm just doing it wrong, but how do you do it. 

For example, this is a post to teams action. For starters, the space that I have to create the entire message body is 2 inches wide on the screen, and I don't seem to be able to put more than one string in there without a formula. Is there a better way to do this?

FreeRangeDingo_0-1715710865795.png

• Re: How do you provide more than one piece of information in actions like post to teams or send email

Hi @FreeRangeDingo ,

Please try this

vxiaochenmsft_0-1717040996151.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

• Re: How do you provide more than one piece of information in actions like post to teams or send email

That doesn't look like Copilot Studio. Where di you take the screenshot from? 

Hi @FreeRangeDingo ,

We can write the formula to add line breaks by using char() function.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1715822240916.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

So then, there would be no way to add in line breaks and formatting? The best you can do is a long string?

Hi @FreeRangeDingo ,

At my knowledge, using the power fx formula is the best practice currently as you said.

vxiaochenmsft_0-1715738833058.png

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,287

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,172

Leaderboard