Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Answered

Transfer to agent does not work

Posted on by

This action does not work for me when testing.

No error is shown when testing in the portal, but the below is shown in the demo site:

PVA_error.png

Categories:
  • pawan-msft Profile Picture
    pawan-msft on at
    Re: Transfer to agent does not work

Let's try that again. 🙂

• dian74 Profile Picture
    dian74 63 on at

@pawan-msftThanks for the screenshots, I only saw details for the "Default Queue" rule item, would you also be able so share a screenshot of the Bot Queue rule? The screenshot called Bot Queue rule doesn't show any details.

pawan-msft on at

@D365Goddess - Sure, here you go. In my setup, I have 2 queues - (a) Bot queue; and (b) Agent queue. I have a single workstream with a single context variable in it called "va_Scope" and 2 routing rules that selective route to Bot queue (with my VA bot a member of) or the Agent queue (with my live agent a member of).

See screenshots attached. Hope this helps.

• Re: Transfer to agent does not work (use Esclate as an alternative)

IF you previously used the Escalate system topic (works using text and a link), replaced by Transfer to agent (requires custom code).

You can still use Escalate

Select "go to another topic" -> search for and select Escalate

Edit system topic Escalate to define your text and add a link for users to click on.

see attached image

• dian74 Profile Picture
    dian74 63 on at
    @pawan-msft can you share a screenshot of the routing rule from the bot to the queue? The online documentation is not very clear on how to see this up
  • Re: Transfer to agent does not work

Thanks for sticking with me. Not the answer I was hoping for but your interaction here has been very helpful. 

• Verified answer
    pawan-msft Profile Picture
    pawan-msft on at

@Anonymous - Good point. Yes, only web-enabled channels using custom canvases can escalate seamlessly to a human agent. I'll make sure we can update product documentation to reflect this more clearly.

So it sounds like this feature is meant for web app embedded bots then since we cannot write custom code in Teams to interact with the conversation a PVA bot is having with the user. I think this is important to clarify for future visitors of this forum since this feature has been talked about in many forums.

pawan-msft on at

@Anonymous - No. The Teams channel integration only enables your bot having a presence on Teams. You will need to write custom code to enable hand-off to a user in Teams. I see how you may want to configure hand-off options as part of configuring your channel.

Is transferring to another Teams user is supported through Teams channel integration?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,300

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,179

Leaderboard