Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Answered

Import/export topics

Posted on by

I assume the Power Virtual Agent builds on a knowledge base in the background and probably QnA Maker which means we should be able to import/export the knowledge base.

I can't find any such option currently, can anyone confirm whether it's already possible or when it might be coming?

Building a new knowledge base might be short-term fun but to properly test it I'd need to import existing knowledge base(s).

• Ashish2012 Profile Picture
    Ashish2012 484 on at
    Re: Import/export topics
    Hi,
    Not sure about Q&A maker, As Azure already have same kind of service for Bot.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/qnamaker/tutorials/create-qna-bot

But, Yeah If you think a strong case. I would suggest to submit this as an Idea.

Thank
  • antwhite Profile Picture
    antwhite 2 on at

Ditto others re connecting to QnA.

Also, will PVA itself be able to make QnA bots at some point?

• Expecho Profile Picture
    Expecho 3 on at

Would love to know as well. We have an existing QnA maker Knowledge Base and would like to reuse it in our Virtual Agent 

• KLXN Profile Picture
    KLXN 4 on at

Has this been released yesterday? Is there any documentation available for how to implement the connection between QnA Maker and PVA?

• Emma_Archer Profile Picture
    Emma_Archer on at

Whoops yes the date in Dec 2nd 2019.  For you other question I'll need to come back to you.  

• nicodejong Profile Picture
    nicodejong 4 on at

@Emma_Archer Is that global GA on Dec 2 2019 (or 12 feb 2020)? Is it already known under which licence that will fall?

• Verified answer
    Emma_Archer Profile Picture
    Emma_Archer on at

Hi Thomas - Yes for you’ll be able to point your PVA bot at 1 or more URLs and pull in question / answer pairs as suggestions, and you can then decide which ones you want to “promote” into topics within PVA. This will be available for GA 12/2.

In terms of doing an import / export of an entire bot that is a feature on roadmap but will follow post GA. The other variant of that being able to import /export a specific set of topics will also follow post GA.

Thanks

Emma

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,006

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics