Skip to main content

Notifications

Topic Creation & Management
Unanswered

Create Topic to Process PDF

Posted on by 61

New to Copilot studio and need some help in creating a topic. I have a PDF document with numerous event names and event dates. I want to create a topic that reads the PDF and responds to questions such as 'when is the next scheduled [event name]'. If the event is past the response should be the event has passed else the response should be 'the scheduled event date for [event name] is [event date'.

Any help  you can offer in architecting the topic that is non-generative is much appreciated. 

Thanks.

• akashindori1234 Profile Picture
    akashindori1234 61 on at
    Re: Create Topic to Process PDF

Thanks for your feedback, will try the flexible approach you suggest since I want to control the responses to questions. I am not concerned about complicated, have to do it right.

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at
    Re: Create Topic to Process PDF

One option would be uploading the PDF directly to the copilot and using Generative Answers. This is not very complicated to do and does not require very deep experience with Copilot Studio, but you won't be able to do much to manipulate or control responses to questions.

A more flexible (albeit slightly more complicated) approach would be running text recognition on the document to extract the text, and then respond to questions based on the extracted text using a custom prompt.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 137,998

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics