Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Answered

Is it possible to have a test and prod bot in PVA Teams?

Posted on by 7

We are building a PVA Bot within Teams. We'd like two copies of it, one that we are developing and one more stable version that is open for wider use. I know you can use solutions in the web PVA but with Teams PVA can I copy the bot to another "live/prod" channel? Is it possible to do some sort of light ALLM within Teams?

• Verified answer
    micchow Profile Picture
    micchow on at
    Re: Is it possible to have a test and prod bot in PVA Teams?

@kmankash55 , while you can only have one environment per team, you can create two teams, one dev and one prod team to have two environments.  The only limitation is those will all be unmanaged solutions.  To get full ALM capability that supports managed solution you can upgrade the environment to a Dataverse full.

You can export your bot along with your flow from test team into prod team.  Documentation below has more detail:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/authoring-export-import-bots-teams

• DiegoPeres Profile Picture
    DiegoPeres 327 on at

Unfortunately not. PVA has no environment separation of DEV, QAs and PRD.
    The tip I give you is to create two distinct teams, for example
    CHATBOT - PRD
    CHATBOT - DEV/QAS

Hi @kmankash55 
    After your BOT is in production, all new flows should be created and tested in DEV/QAS, after all the tests you or your team can create them in the productive environment so it does not impact the users that are already using the PRD environment.

Remembering that the process has to be done manually.

Did I answer your question?😉
    Please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find you faster.
    Connect with me: Linkedin -- PVA

• Pstork1 Profile Picture
    Pstork1 1,995 on at

Normally, the test and prod bots would be in different environments, but in PVA for Teams there is only one environment per Team.  So its not possible to duplicate the same kind of test and prod that you have in web PVA.  This would also make it difficult to just copy the bot and deploy it as production.  After copying it you would need to change a lot of things to keep it from still being connected to the original test bot.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,995

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics