Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

How to trigger a Power Automate Desktop Flow from Copilot

Posted on by

A few weeks ago, I met Kyle at the #PowerPlatform conference. 

Kyle is a Desktop Engineer at Florida Virtual School. His main area of focus is onboarding the laptops, configuring them, securing them, etc. Like every IT support department, he receives a tons of emails / support tickets / phone calls each time a user has a problem with their laptop and it's not always easy to find time to assist everyone. 💻

When I asked him what he was doing with the Power Platform he started explaining the most amazing use case: automatically fixing user's laptops using Power Automate Desktop Flows directly triggered from a Copilot!

His idea was to create a custom Copilot to help teachers and students solve their most common issues by guiding them using a natural language. So far it was a very standard use case for #CopilotStudio

Then he told me: "some of the users don't know how to do some of the technical stuff, but I do - so I created a bunch of Power Automate Desktop Flows that I deployed on every laptop, and they can be triggered on-demand from Copilot". My brain went "WAIT. WHAT?" 🤯

Yes - #Copilot is guiding users to resolution and if a user doesn't know how to do some of the technical steps, then he/she can trigger the appropriate #PowerAutomateDesktop flow by simply clicking a button in Copilot!

For me that was a big AHA moment - of course you can do that! It is so obvious that I never thought about it!

So here we go! Let me show you how you can trigger Power Automate Desktop from Copilot, Kyle's style...

remidyon_2-1701141104293.png

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    remidyon Profile Picture
    remidyon on at

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,997

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard

Featured topics