Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate Desktop
Answered

Do I need a license to use the Power Automate Desktop tool in Company?

Posted on by 4

Hello. I have two question.

1. Do I need a license to use the Power Automate Desktop tool in Company?

(I know that The tool is included in Windows 10 but i am not sure i need licens in company. I don't need Cloud flow, I'll use it only locally.)

2. Can I use PAD on my personal virtual environment Win10 with my personal account?

It cannot be used as a personal account. It can only be created with a company email account....)

Thanks in advance.

• Verified answer
    Pavel_NaNoi Profile Picture
    Pavel_NaNoi 1,063 on at
    Re: Do I need a license to use the Power Automate Desktop tool in Company?

No you don't need a licence for Power Automate Desktop (PAD), think the guy above me got confused, you'll only need a licence if you're planning on using clouds flows to boot off a PAD automation automatically via some trigger rather than manually. The licence would also be used for sharing PAD automations via solutions, but you can also share them manually with a .txt file (just CTRL+A on your automation, CTRL+C, and CTRL+V into a .txt file, you can then email this to someone else and let them paste it back into PAD)

Also yes you can use PAD on a personal virtual environment with any Microsoft account (even a work one), should not be an issue.

• Sundeep_Malik Profile Picture
    Sundeep_Malik 6,488 on at
    Re: Do I need a license to use the Power Automate Desktop tool in Company?

1) Yes you will need a license to use Power Automate Desktop and deploy the flow. While just testing it you can do it without a license but for future, when you deploy it, I will suggest you to buy a license.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,115

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,542

Leaderboard