Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Administration / Error when setup authe...
Bot Administration
Unanswered

Error when setup authentication with azure AD directory

Posted on by 6

I all, 

I have created a new bot on account 1 and set up the authenticate via the azure directory v2 to another group of the account 2, it authenticates successfully but after that, the bot throws the error "Sorry, you don't have access to talk to the bot."

thinhnguyenhung_0-1652772093266.png

Could you please help me resolve these issues, 

Thanks,

Thinh Nguyen

• thinhnguyenhung Profile Picture
    thinhnguyenhung 6 on at
    Re: Error when setup authentication with azure AD directory

yes, I am sure it had the permission and I had tried on the scenarios below to double-check I created the app registration is right and enough the permission to communicate with the bot

I have two different accounts, account 1 and account 2, and which each account I created bot 1 for account 1 and bot 2 for account 2.

On the account 1, I had created the app registration to set up the security for agent bot 1 and bot 2 with the same information, tenant id, secret ..., all information of security of bot 1 is same with the bot 2

With bot 1 when I log in its success and can communicate with the bot but in bot 2 I can log in but after that, the bot 2 returns the chat "sorry, you don't have access to talk to the bot." like the image on the begin of thread

Thanks

• SupportBryn Profile Picture
    SupportBryn on at

Have you made sure that the user has the proper permissions delegated to them to speak to the bot, and there's nothing about their account or security access that would stop them from using it?

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
    Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform
    If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

• thinhnguyenhung Profile Picture
    thinhnguyenhung 6 on at

Hi, 

I had tried on the publish the bot and waited for 24 hours, But it still the issues

Do you have any other suggestions to try on resolve these issues?

Thanks,

Thinh nguyen 

• SupportBryn Profile Picture
    SupportBryn on at

Hey there @thinhnguyenhung,

A couple quick troubleshooting questions to start. Is this bot published to your organization or is this still just testing within the environment? If that user is not one that is a direct participant in that test environment, you may need to do that. 

This answer goes over some of the requirements on authentication, if you've published the bot, so I'd make sure that you go through these: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Bot-Administration/User-can-t-talk-to-bot/m-p/738826/highlight/true#M61 

Hope that helps!

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
    Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform
    If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,006

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics