Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Automate - General Discussion
Unanswered

Option not available for "Require content approval for submitted items"

Posted on by
Hello,

I have created a flow to update an approval status on creation of a new List item but get the error "Action 'Set_content_approval_status' failed: {"Etag":null,"Message":"Content moderation is not enabled on the library".

I know the fix for this is to go to Settings -> Versioning Settings and click yes on "Require content approval for submitted items". However I don't have that option in my settings - see below.

Please advise, how do I to activate this option so I can proceed?

Regards,
Brian.

• Suggested answer
    SudeepGhatakNZ Profile Picture
    SudeepGhatakNZ 13,801 on at
    Hey mate, like Swati said, you need to have the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature enabled.

• Suggested answer
    SwatiSTW Profile Picture
    SwatiSTW 19 on at
    1. Ensure you have site owner or full control permissions, as only users with these permissions can enable content approval.
    2. The option to enable content approval is sometimes hidden in the modern interface. Go to the list/library settings and click “Switch to classic experience” then, go to Settings > Versioning Settings to enable content approval.
    3. In Versioning Settings, set “Require content approval for submitted items” to Yes and save.
    4. If content approval is still missing, activate “SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” via Site Settings > Site Collection Features.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics