Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Building Flows / Sending an email with ...
Building Flows
Answered

Sending an email with only certain dates from a list

Posted on by 8
Hi guys,

I have a list with a unique ID and 3 dates for every item. I'd like to get an email every month with all the dates occurring the next month:

ID Date 1 Date 2 Date 3
AA 2024-09-16 2025-01-01 2024-10-02
BB 2025-01-01 2025-03-03 2024-03-03
CC 2024-10-05 2025-01-01 2025-01-01

The result should be a table like this:

ID Date 1 Date 2 Date 3
AA     2024-10-02
CC 2024-10-05    

I've tried rephrasing the request to Copilot multiple times and tried myself from blank, but I'm not getting it right. There's always something wrong.

My idea is to filter the items, then put them on an HTML table, and then send it via email.

This is my last attempt, but I'm not really getting anywhere. I don't even really know if this is possible.

Could you please give me at least a hint of what should the right flow to follow be?
  • peps984 Profile Picture
    peps984 8 on at
    Send an email extrating only certain dates from a list
    Hi Willpage, thanks for your answer.

I've created 2 identical threads, my bad!!

By the way, I'll try your solution, maybe it could be an improvement!
  • peps984 Profile Picture
    peps984 8 on at
    Wow, it worked perfectly! I've just modified a bit the query to be sure to get only the next month of that year ('yyyy-MM') and added some CSS to format the HTML table.

Thank you for your support!
  • Suggested answer
    WillPage Profile Picture
    WillPage 1,815 on at
    Send an email extrating only certain dates from a list
    I'm going to assume the internal column names of your date columns are Date1, Date2 and Date3 and your time zone in New Zealand Standard Time (that's mine, use your local time zone).

First add two compose actions. One for the start of next month and one for the end of next month, with the following expressions:

Start of next month:
    convertToUTC(startOfMonth(addToTime(convertFromUtc(utcNow(),'New Zealand Standard Time'),1,'Month')),'New Zealand Standard Time')

End of next month
    convertToUTC(startOfMonth(addToTime(convertFromUtc(utcNow(),'New Zealand Standard Time'),2,'Month')),'New Zealand Standard Time')

Now put the following filter query in the Get items action:

(Date1 ge 'outputs('Start_of_next_month')' and Date1 lt 'outputs('End_of_next_month')') or (Date2 ge 'outputs('Start_of_next_month')' and Date2 lt 'outputs('End_of_next_month')') or (Date3 ge 'outputs('Start_of_next_month')' and Date3 lt 'outputs('End_of_next_month')')

I hope this helps. If you live in a place where midnight UTC doesn't occur during the business day you might get away without doing the conversion from UTC and back to get the UTC time of the start of the month in your location.
  • Verified answer
    EKarim Profile Picture
    EKarim 9,945 on at
    Here is something to try:

getFutureTime(1, 'Month', 'MM')

"Date1": if(equals(formatDateTime(item()?['Date1'], 'MM'), outputs('Compose_Month')), item()?['Date1'], '') 
    "Date2": if(equals(formatDateTime(item()?['Date2'], 'MM'), outputs('Compose_Month')), item()?['Date2'], '') 
    "Date3": if(equals(formatDateTime(item()?['Date3'], 'MM'), outputs('Compose_Month')), item()?['Date3'], '')

When editing the expressions be sure to use the internal column names for your SharePoint columns. See 

This is the sample runtime output:

You will probably want to add an OData Filter query to the Get items action and/or use a Filter array action to filter out any blank rows (e.g. BB contains now valid dates).

Ellis

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 140,719

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,355

Leaderboard

Featured topics