Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Design & Build / Matrix type data table
Design & Build
Unanswered

Matrix type data table

Posted on by 174
I need advice/direction.  The business scenario: I have a gallery that lists KPIs for projects.  Each of these KPIs includes an Annual Estimated Savings total, Annual Actual Savings total, and an Annual Forecast Savings total.  These are all aggregated numbers and general "header" data. Each month a KPI actual is entered and is related to the selected KPI. What the business wants to show is a list of KPIs for a selected project and then a sublist of monthly data, starting with the month selected in a datetime picker.  I have all the initial requirement, but I am struggling with producing that secondary monthly value list.  This is a visual sample of what they want. I've highlighted the associated table in "yellow".  I was thinking of doing a horizontal gallery (monthly values) embedded into a vertical gallery (KPIs), but then how do I tie the horizontal values to the month? Thanks for any advice.

Categories:
  • SaiRT14 Profile Picture
    SaiRT14 317 on at
    Matrix type data table
    Good amount of reporting can be built using Power BI- suggest to business,

But to answer:
    -Items property of this vertical gallery - Filter(KPITable, ProjectID = SelectedProject.ID)
    -Items property of the horizontal gallery - Filter(MonthlyValuesTable, KPIID = ThisItem.ID && Date >= DatePicker1.SelectedDate)

MonthlyValuesTable is linked to the KPITable by a foreign key

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Tuesday Tip #2 Global Search…

Welcome to a brand new series, Tuesday Tips…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 142,008

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,531

Leaderboard

Featured topics