Skip to main content

Notifications

Copilot Studio - General
Unanswered

Want to make a bot that can search through a SharePoint List and return ID of matches.

Posted on by

Hello.  I have years of "closed tickets" from an IT Service Desk built on SharePoint.  Simply, I want to make a bot that can search through the "Problem" description column and the "Notes" column and return the ID of any items in the List that look like a good match.  This seems like a really common use for this capability so imagine it is possible?

Need an overview first as not played with Copilot or the model building capability.  I have just built a canvas app to act as a ticket management solution and would like users to be able to search through my closed tickets for solutions.

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at
    Re: Want to make a bot that can search through a SharePoint List and return ID of matches.

You could try using the pattern described in this video. Instead of calling the ServiceNow search endpoint, use Power Automate to search over the SharePoint list, and then feed the results to Generative Answers.

Keep in mind, though, that the quality of generative answers depends on the quality of search results and AFAIK the SharePoint search endpoint is not as sophisticated as more specialized search solutions (e,g, Azure AI Search).

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,995

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,708

Leaderboard