Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Answered

Is is possible to create orchestration for PVA bots

Posted on by

Hello,

We are trying to explore PVA capabilities before we accept this platform fully as bot development in our organization. We have many teams that are building bot and, we are trying to see if we can create Master - slave pattern or Virtual assistant pattern in PVA.

Example:

Master PVA bot get user input.

Master PVA, provide user authentication using existing PVA capabilities. and, flows out in 2 paths.

• If user token is received -
  • If user token is not received.

Based on some information present in a token, master will call respective Child PVA bot. For example, if in JWT token user belongs to 'HR group', master will send user to HR PVA bot.

Can we achieve something like this in PVA platform? If not out of the box, are there any workarounds? or items on the roadmap?

• Re: Is is possible to create orchestration for PVA bots

Hello CleberM,

I also wanted a similar solution because we are trying to link 2 different bots that 2 different teams were working on. If we try remake everything on one bot it will take days!!

Could you please share a solution? Do note, its not 2 different topics, its 2 different bots!!

We are working in PowerApps.

Regards,

Shadil K

@Anonymous if you have resolved this, can you please share the solution? I am working on the same thing, would really appreicate any help!

Kindly,

Ksenia

Hello, I tried your solution but it didnt work for me. I passed in token to power automate successfully but cant call O365 api on it as api needs UPN as an input not token.

Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 1.50.32 PM.png

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at
    Re: Is is possible to create orchestration for PVA bots

@Anonymous ,

You can get the token message, call the Power Automate using the token as a parameter/input, inside the Power Automate, validate using the Condition or use this token to get some properties related to the user using Office 365 connectors and respond to Power Virtual Agents as an output. 

Yes, I have already read that have auth setup using azure AD. Its working and giving right token back. I am focusing on following statement of yours

"validate the token sending as a parameter to Power Automate"

What do you expect Power Automate to do with token? and, what string to send back to bot as an output?

renatoromao 6,459 on at
    Use the PVA authentication, open the documentation related to Power Virtual agents.

@renatoromao just to make sure I got it right. What is the connector and action name on MS flow I should be using to validate the token? I didnt find specific one. 

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Additionally, I created the idea here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Create-a-Master-bot-and-redirect-to-another-bots-Power-Virtual/idi-p/489998

---
    If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
    Renato Romão
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

• CleberM Profile Picture
    CleberM on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

A workaround would be to call a Bot Framework bot via Skill, but that's probably not what you want.

Can you tell us why you want to separate these in separate bots, instead of using @renatoromao 's suggestion? I would like to understand your scenario so we can potentially bring that as a feature to Power Virtual Agents.

Thanks

renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry, I suggested another way to do it using one PVA bot.

Unfortunately, you cannot redirect to another Bot or something like that. You just can redirect/call another topic, but not Bot.

---
    If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
    Renato Romão
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/renatoromao/

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,990

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,700

Featured topics