Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

Change message that is displayed when a Power Automate Cloud flow gives an error

Posted on by 85

When a Power Automate flow fails, it shows a "Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code:"

goncaloperes_0-1688237619488.png

And then, it automatically triggers the Escalate Topic.

goncaloperes_1-1688237703265.png

How can one change the message that is shown to the user? Ideally, would want to display a different than the Escalate one?

My current Escalate one is "At the moment we do not offer live chat support. Would recommend you to contact helpdesk through existing channels."

For this specific situation (problems in the flow), I would like to change to something like: "Please try your question again in 5 minutes.".

• Verified answer
    goncaloperes Profile Picture
    goncaloperes 85 on at
    Re: Change message that is displayed when a Power Automate Cloud flow gives an error

Considering that most errors are those 2min limit time-out, that is by design, and that some APIs might take longer to answer or to retrieve a given output required for a flow to progress, the user will, in most cases see the "Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while..." plus the content of the Escalate Topic.

As in the Classic editor, at the moment, one cannot change the Trigger Phrases in the Escalate Topic, nor duplicate it, one is not able to create a Topic, different than the Escalate Topic, to handle phrases like "Talk to agent", "Call back", "Can I call", "Can I get real agent support", and so on.

So, one can change the flow/nodes/message of the default Escalate Topic.

For the lack of a more user-friendly approach, I've created a question ("Did your request give an error?") with Multiple choice options: YES or NO.

goncaloperes_2-1688455281932.png

That way, when a flow gives an error, the following will appear

goncaloperes_0-1688455733239.png

and if a user selects YES, then this will show up

goncaloperes_1-1688455741178.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Welcome to the Power Platform…

We are thrilled to unveil the newly-launched Power Platform Communities!…

Getting Started…

Welcome to the Power Platform Community! We appreciate your visit…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 138,006

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,059

Leaderboard

Featured topics