Skip to main content

Notifications

Publish & Channel Management
Unanswered

This App cannot be found

Posted on by 6

I'm not to CoPilot studio and have created a very basic CoPilot and tried to publish to Teams.

- Selected Teams in Channels

- Ensured the Security model was set up

- Published

Couldn't see it in Teams.

I then went through the instructions on https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-copilot-studio/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams but that didn't help either.

When I tried to access the new CoPilot via the "Open CoPilot" link in the Microsoft Teams settings in CoPilot Studio, I get a "This app cannot be found" error. The Teams administrator can see the app in the store now and enabled permissions on it there' too but I'm still unable to access it.

corneg_0-1717039463650.png

Any ideas on how I can go about troubleshooting this one?

Categories:
  • David762 Profile Picture
    David762 4 on at
    This App cannot be found
    The 'open Copilot' app not found issue generally occurs because of a tenant wide setting that not does allow apps to be uploaded in this way.  

To check this, when selecting 'Open Copilot' - force Teams to use the Web version rather than desktop, looking in the network trace of the browser dev tools you will likely see a response back saying that the operation is not allowed.  I believe there is a tenant setting that prevents apps built using the Power Platform from being uploaded to MS Teams.

Example of response you might see: {"errorCode":"TemplatedAppNotAllowedByUserPermissionPolicy"}

One workaround is to sideload the app into Teams - so export the Copilot as a zip file (from the MS Teams channel page within Copilot Studio), and within Teams upload the app - this seems to work fine as a workaround.
  • Emilia06 Profile Picture
    Emilia06 2 on at
    This App cannot be found
    Same thing on my end...How come there is no answer since May 2024....a bit concerning...
  • zhengtzerlee Profile Picture
    zhengtzerlee 28 on at
    This App cannot be found
    same here, my teammate cant open up the published copilot
  • RayBoone Profile Picture
    RayBoone 77 on at
    This App cannot be found
    I've just done the same thing with the same result. How do I actually get the CoPilot to show up in Teams?

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

September 2024 Newsletter…

September 2024 Community Newsletter…

Community Update Sept 16…

Power Platform Community Update…

Welcome to the new Power Platform Community!…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

WarrenBelz Profile Picture

WarrenBelz 141,122

RandyHayes Profile Picture

RandyHayes 76,308

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 63,414

Leaderboard

Featured topics